◇□ Chapter Six □◇

The woman and the older man watched the screens closely, their eyes never leaving. They had been there for what seemed like hours, but no one could put a limit on important matters. The room was small and dark, the only light coming from the screens. The door opened, only slightly, a person in a dark uniform covering every inch of their body, slipped in. They walked silently, like they had been trained too. They stopped at the woman, holding out a folder of information for her. She swiped it from their hands, her eyes never leaving the screen. The person bowed then left just as quick and quietly as they had entered. Her eyes drifted from the screen to the folder, flipping through the contents. Her attention was grabbed by the man sitting next to her.

"Daughter." He said in somewhat urgency. She looked up, her eyes widened.

"What is he doing?!" She screamed standing from her chair. She slammed her fist down on the controls, pushing a button to a device looking somewhat like an intercom.

"KILL HIM!" She ordered. She straightened back up, in a way of calmness, as she saw her order had went through. She clenched her fist as another face appeared on the screen. "Ugh, that little demon." She growled.

"I thought you said you weren't ready to kill the other yet." The man said calmly.

"I'm not, but it seems my sons have gotten in the way, and they must be terminated. Either way, they'll die. But this way is less fun. I wanted to get inside their heads, I wanted to make them hurt. But this will do." She leaned back down, "Kill them all, but start with the little one." She ordered, standing up straight again.

"And what if your plan, does not work out the way you want it to?" He asked.

"Father, you of all people should know you never rely on just one plan. Trust me, no matter how this goes, I will come out on top." She announced with a smirk. Her smile only widened once she saw her youngest son was pinned against the wall. She clicked the control, enjoying the pain wash over her sons face as the sword was driven into his abdomen. She leaned down whispering into the microphone. Straightening with an evil smirk. But that was quickly wiped away as she caught a glimpse of her other son then all she saw were stars. "No... no, no, no!" She screamed pounding on the desk. The screens went dark after a second. She took a deep breath, "Like I said, time for plan B."

◇□◇□◇

Bruce exited the grandfather clock entrance to the Batcave, he wiped his face trying to get a little relief from the stress. He didn't quite know what had happened tonight. One of his sons has a severe stab wound, another multiple breaks, collapsed lung, concussion, and the other one... the one he thought had been dead for three years... who is severely injured, and incredibly dangerous.... and is restrained and locked in a holding cell. Bruce sighed, walking down the hall, he had one more son to check in with, and even after seeing the others he feared that he might be the most damaged. He caught a glance of a figure on the back balcony. He approached the glass doors, opening them quickly once he realized what he was doing.

"Jason." He said sternly. He walked closer to him. Jason didn't reply he just kept smoking, tapping the end of his cigarette over the pile of many, many others. Bruce glanced at the mountain of cigarette buds, he couldn't really tell but he estimated about a pack and a half maybe two. "Jason," he said more calmly and desperately, "Please put down the cigarette, and talk to me." He finally looked at his sons face, it was beaten, bruised, swollen, stained with tears. He was covered in dried blood and dirt. "Jason, you look terrible, why didn't you let Alfred look over you?"

Jason glanced down, his eyes scanning over the giant yard and garden. After a long moment of silence, Jason inhaled another hit of his cigarette as he said in a low and raspy voice, "I know I shouldn't be smoking, I know I promised you, I know I spent five months in rehab for a reason, but i-" He choked, trying to control the tears streaming down his face, "Y- you should have seen the way he looked at me." He choked out. Bruce pulled him into his arms. Jason stood about Bruce's height, but he somehow lowered himself down, burying his face into his chest like a child would. Bruce gently rubbed his back, his fingers going through his thick hair.