F O R T Y - F I V E

Start from the beginning

Her mum, scrunched her forehead, and then asks, "Then what is the letter I gave you earlier?" Hermione mentally kicked herself right now, she remembered that her mum handed a letter to her, but before she could even read the first sentence, her mum called out for her.

"The envelope from y/n is always dark blue, not black," replied Hermione. Ron and Harry's envelope colour is plain white, but for y/n, it is always dark blue. She never questioned about it. But one thing she knew about y/n is that she always sent her letters all the time. Y/n is the kind of girl that will update her daily routine to Hermione, who sometimes think that it's a unhealthy habit for her.

"Then who wrote you a letter?" her mum asked, worriedly.

"I don't know... But I might check the letter later," shrugged Hermione. Later on, Hermione began telling them about what happened during the tournament. She even mentioned about the death of Cedric. Both of her parents were devastated to hear the news.

After having a conversation with her parents. Hermione went up to her room to read the letter from the mysterious person. She finally reached her destination and flopped herself onto the bed. Her pulled out the parchment, only to read her nickname. As soon as she read that, she knew there's something wrong.

"Father forbade me to respond to your owls?!" shouted Hermione, reading that line again from y/n's letter. She couldn't believe that y/n's father did that. Being the smart girl she was, Hermione quickly knew why y/n had to write her a letter under a pseudonym. Y/n had to that so her father can't know about the letter.

Hermione stood up straight and went to her desk, preparing a letter for Ron and Harry.

"I can't believe that her father did that," muttered Hermione, still annoyed.

First she wrote a letter to Ron, telling him about the situation of what y/n's facing right now. Second, she also wrote to Harry. Lastly, Hermione even wrote to y/n.

"Give this one to Ron, and the other to Harry, okay?" said Hermione to her owl. Soon, the owl flapped its wings and flew away, delivering the letters to Harry and Ron. Hermione found herself, laying down on the bed, worried and mad at the same time.

Hermione sighed, as she look at the gift given by y/n— the enchanted bookmark. "I wish you're okay, y/n."

-

Back at the Guildford's Manor, y/n was still inside her room, not wanting to go outside nor talk to her parents. She have been reading books all day long. If not reading, then she would draw. After a few minutes later, she got bored wondering around her room. Y/n quietly opened her door and poked her head out, checking if her father or mother was there.

Luckily, both of her parents were nowhere to be seen. She stepped out and closed the door behind her. Y/n went to the kitchen to grab some food. As she was about to grab a food, Kirk popped out of nowhere. Y/n stumbled, making her food flew into the air.

"Kirk is very sorry, Miss. Kirk never meant to hurt you," said Kirk, helping y/n to stand on her own feet.

"No, no, no, it's fine. I'm just being clumsy, that's all," said y/n. "Wait, have you delivered the letter to Hermione?"

"Yes! Kirk have delivered the letter to Miss Granger!" exclaimed Kirk. Y/n hushed him down before anyone could hear their conversation.

"Oops."

And with that, Kirk left the kitchen. Y/n stepped outside the kitchen and made her way outside. She was at her garden, having a picnic by herself. Y/n sat beside the big tree, placed the blanket and on top, it was her food. She looked at her work with delight and then leaned against the tree.