"Don't you know that chocolate is supposed to help cramps? Or at least it did for me when I had to deal with mother nature and all here bitchiness." Dreece replied a wicked grin curling her lips. "Plus it's not like I'm going to tell him. If you want some chocolate then you should have some. And popcorn is just good fiber."

Caving I made my way to the kitchen to get the milk warming up. Dreece always insisted I make the hot chocolate since I knew how to make it the 'right way' now.

Humming softly I barely heard the knock on the door announcing we had a visitor. Popping my head out into the living room, my eyes went wide at the sight of Rhett. I ducked away quickly, guilt hitting me in the gut, right along with another wave of cramps that had me wincing in pain.

Turning back to the milk I struggled to put the guilt out of my mind, after all what reason did I have to be guilty? He'd asked me to leave that day. Sure I'd been trying to avoid him ever since, but so?

Once the milk was hot, I added in some chopped up semisweet, milk, and dark chocolate chunks, whisking rapidly to help them melt and mix with the milk rather than clumping together. The arm work out from whisking the milk and chocolate to a froth brought a smile to my face, helping me relax.

By the time I'd poured the drink into three different glasses I'd lost the guilty feeling.

"Hey Rhett, I didn't know you were stopping by." I smiled moving into the living room and setting the cups of hot sweet deliciousness down on the coffee table.

"Shit I'm sorry Ryan, I had forgotten I'd invited Rhett over for a horror film binge session. I hope you don't mind, I know horror films aren't really your thing." Dreece glanced at me eyes large in apology.

"It's fine, I'm an adult and can get over a bit of jump scares and blood." Moving back to the couch I frowned a bit uncertain. Rhett had settled into my corner, his feet on the coffee table and my celery discarded to the floor where it belonged. There was enough room for all three of us, we'd just be a bit cozy.

Sucking in a breath as the guilt hit me once more I moved around the table and plopped down between them. Maybe I should have asked if it was alright first, but I knew Rhett wasn't Dreece's type, mostly because Dreece didn't like other humans in general.

"So... what am i going to be having nightmares about?" I asked directing my question at Dreece, struggling not to enjoy the way it felt just to sit next to this warm, leather wrapped hunk. Rhett's scent wrapped around me, easily overpowering the lingering smell of Whiskey from Nathan.

"We were thinking of starting with a few horror film classics, Scream, Nightmare on Elm's Street that sort of thing." Rhett supplied, stretching out a bit more and turning so he was facing us both. "Think you're up for it Ryan?"

"God no. I hate horror movies, but it's either this or hide in my room watching a disney movie with the volume so loud you'll both want to murder me so... here I am."

Rhett burst out laughing while Dreece shook their head.

"You think he's joking? That's a classic Ryan move. Any time I want to watch something even halfway scary he has to hide and watch Tangled or The Little Mermaid or something equally ridiculous. He will even sing along with the songs, horribly and off tune." Dreece shuddered dramatically as they described my coping ritual.

Our bantering had destroyed the tension in the room as Dreece reached for the remote, they paused though glaring at me.

"Where's my popcorn Ryan?"

"We're out, plus you can't honestly tell me you are going to eat while watching people get hacked apart by monsters and such are you?" I sipped at my hot chocolate innocently. Truth was I'd completely forgotten about making popcorn and now that I was comfortable again I didn't want to get up and make any.

"Fine. I'll go get some chips or something, but if I see a thing of popcorn in that cupboard you're going to regret cancelling on your date tonight." Dreece grumbled, getting up and stalking toward the kitchen. As soon as they were out of the room I started laughing.

"You canceled on a date?" Rhett watched me with curiosity, bringing back the flush to my cheeks.

"Yeah... I wasn't feeling the best earlier. It's not a big deal and I'm sure Nathan doesn't mind too much. We've spent every evening together for the last few weeks now, so a break from one another is probably a good thing." I shrugged, hoping to play it off. My stomach was in knots again at just how much of a betrayal this night was turning out to be.

"Hey if you don't feel good you don't feel good. If he doesn't get that then that's his problem, no need to look so worried about it." The soft tone of Rhett's voice showed just how horrible I was at hiding my emotions.

"I know... I'm just not used to putting my needs first... It's something I've been working on lately." I replied offering Rhett a soft smile before sipping at my cocoa once more. The warm smooth chocolate flavor danced along my tastebuds.

After a moment of watching me Rhett followed suit, taking a small sip of the drink. His eyes seemed to bug out in surprise, followed by a much longer drink from his mug.

"Fuck that's good. You're going to give Michael a run for his money on best damn cocoa in town."

"Well I did learn from the best." Smiling over the rim of my mug I took another sip, humming in contentment. The smell of hot popcorn started to waft through the house making my stomach rumble.

Dreece pranced back into the room, bowl filled to the brim with popcorn and chocolate candies. Grinning, I shook my head, guess this really was going to be a night of cheating.