04

I was now shivering like a dog.

"Cousin, I have no idea what you're talking about."

I kept my usually shifty eyes away from him and tried to keep a firm grip of my shaking sleeves.

Boring place be damned!

I miss this house when it was boring but peaceful sobs.

"Cousin, I've told you everything that had happened that night. You know I was plotted by the evil He sisters. I'm innocent!"

I trembled slightly as Zhao Prince was heading my way, my hand protectively protecting my head from future fist bumps on it.

Heroine-chan! What are you doing trying to find an innocent cannon fodder like me!

Just let this fodder live my life happily at the countryside sob sobs!

"Younger Cousin, you did seemed to have wisen up a little. So I had requested Aunt to send you here based on what you've asked me, but --"

Knock.

"Excuse me, Zhao Prince and Young Master."

We both turned to the manservant.

"Eldest Miss He is at the door."

***

"Miss He, whom I have never met before. What are you doing here?"

I smiled welcomingly, trying to make my eyes and gaze aloof like my older cousin's eyes.

The sweet-looking female before me curtsied as she and her mama came over to greet Zhao prince and me.

Eek.

I forgot.

The master of this house switches to my older cousin, now that he is here.

Oops.

I ignored the death stare of my cousin as I continued on.

"To be honest, Miss He. I'm unwell and hence, my family has sent me here to this far-off place."

I bowed humbly.

"I'm unable to see you off. Please give my greetings to your father."

Off off I go!

Heroine-chan.

Please forget about me!

But before I could leave, a soft slender hand held onto my wrists as a sweet smelling fragrance assailed me.

"Please. Gentleman Yang!"