6: Life is for Amusement

BELLA ON THE MEDIA SIDE! -------------->

BTW CHANGED CANDICE'S CHARACTER, FROM NOW ON EWA AULIN PLAYS CANDICE!

"My heart was a hysterical unreliable organ."
- Vladimir Nabokov, Lolita

"No fucking way." Candice said, "It's not even your second week and you already need a break?" She asked.

Bryan rolled his eyes.

"Watch your language, Candice." Her mother scolded, then sighed, an unsure expression painted on her face, "Now...Bryan, of course you may have a day off tomorrow. Candice, you better be good while he's gone."

"Leave me alone." Candice said, quickly, then looked at Bryan, crossing her arms, she then tilted her head to one side. "Whatever." She mumbled. 

Bryan looked at Candice's mother, and spoke to her, quietly, "Are you not going stay with her? Just for one day?" He asked, unbelievably. 

Ms Harrington looked away, "I'm sorry. But i'm just not ready. She hates me."

Bryan pursed his lips in frustration, "You're leaving her isolated." He said, hopelessly.

"Just go and have your day off tomorrow, okay? Don't worry about it." She tried to reassure him.

Bryan stood there for a second, then sighed. Closing his eyes shut, then opening them again, turning to Candice, then back at Ms Harrington.

"Okay, how's this. I take Candice with me? I mean, i promised my girlfriend we'd have a day together but...if this is the case then..."

There was an unrecognizable expression on Candice's face, then she broke out into a huge grin. "Perfect! I-I mean...that sounds like a good idea." She said, chuckling a little, she turned to her mother, eyebrows raised in hope, "Mom?" 

Her mother thought about it, her mouth was like a straight line, as she dropped her shoulders. "Fine. I guess, that's fine."

---

Bryan braced himself after telling Bella the change of plans, but she blinked, and grinned like a Cheshire cat, "That's perfect! Yes! Come, come!" She said, excitedly, as if she was talking to the girl that she was going to meet on Friday, She laughed at her own ridiculousness, and softly grabbed Bryan's hand, rocking it back and forth like an excited child. "I mean, this is great!" She noticed the freaked out expression on Bryan's face. "What? You know how much i've wanted to have that little big sis, little sis bond!"

Bryan rolled his eyes, "Well, don't get too excited. Besides, i'm thinking about quitting."

Bella's eyes widened. "What? Why?" She asked, worried. 

He drew in a deep breath, and exhaled-

 ------

"What?" Bella exclaimed after Bryan told her about Candice's mother, and Cadice's attitude. "You can't quit!" She then said.

Bryan frowned, confused. 

"I don't know that girl Candice but i know she's troubled. This is the perfect opportunity to help someone!" She grabbed both of Bryan's hands and held them. "And besides, quitting because of something that petty is irrational! This should've made you stay even more to help the mother and daughter, not run away!" 

Bryan patted Bella's head. "You're cute when you're crazy." He said, bluntly. 

Bella pouted. "I'm serious."