Chapter Eighteen . . . Lover's Spat

Start from the beginning

"It's okay Kristine, let's go find Tyler okay." She said after letting me go and I nodded and followed her. "Kristine, you're bleeding?" I looked at my wrists and they were bleeding. Damn.

"It's okay, let's go." We ran in the cafeteria and were being laughed at by idiots.

"Look Kristine is a cutter." Somebody yelled and the whole cafeteria laughed even louder. I pulled Carrie and we ran faster.

"Kristine, slow down!" She yelled as we came to a stop at Tyler's door. "I was going to kick there asses you know."

"Yeah, well why do you think I ran." I said and walked into the classroom. Where Tyler was sitting with the principle. I quickly put my arms behind my back.

"Oh, I'm sorry Mr. Brolin I didn't mean to interrupt."

"No, it's fine, Mr.Brolin and I are finished. Have a good day ladies." The principle said before leaving the room. Tyler looked fraustrated and tired.

"What was that about?" I asked Tyler after the door shut.

"You." I walked up to him and put my hand on his cheek. Completely forgetting about me bleeding. Tyler quickly grabbed my hand and brought it to his lips and he kissed right above my cut.

"Did you?" He asked.

"No, I was pushed, and they opened up."

"Carrie, go get some paper towels." She nodded and left the room.

"Come on." Tyler said and put me ontop of a student desk where he rolled up each of my sleeves. "Who pushed you?"

"Some new kid, Jackson. He wanted me to show him to your class and when I did he wouldn't stop touching me." He put his hands on my face.

"Did he hurt you?" I shook my head.

"No, he just scared me. What did the principle want?"

"Your dad called , he said you ran away and that you've had relations with a teacher." I felt my heart beat fast.

"Did he know who?"

"No, but the principle is going around asking questions to all male teachers. I said I was tutoring you after school and that was all." At that moment Carrie came in her hands filled with paper towels. She handed them to Tyler and he gently pressed them to my wrists.

"So, he's watching us?"

"I don't think so, I think that he's trying to come up with ways to find you, and that's by scaring every person in this school district."

"What did I miss?"

"My dad called the school and said that I have run away and that I have a relationship with one of my teachers." I felt like I was going to throw up.

"Oh God, did he know?" I shook my head.

"He's trying to get to her though, and he won't stop."

"Tyler, what if he finds out about us, then reports you. I can't lose you, not now."

"And you're not going to, I think that you and the kids should stay with Tina for a couple of days, just until we can figure something out."  I shook my head.

"Tyler, I need you."

"I know you do and I'm not leaving, but right now for your protection we can't live together." I nodded and refused to let the tears fall from my eyes.

"Carrie, can you give us a minute?" She nodded and I noticed she had tears in her eyes too. She left us alone and I instantly hugged Tyler

"Tyler, you don't hate me do you?" He pulled me away and looked into my eyes.

"Never. I love you so much Kristine, that right now I am dying inside because you're going to leave. I have never felt this way about anyone in my whole life." He gave me a quick kiss and ran his fingers through my hair.

"But this morning you were so quiet and we were arguing."

"Beautiful, I was only arguing with you to keep you safe, we had a little lover's spat, and I got quiet because when you told me you were used to going to school while hurt I had to control myself from killing you piece of shit father. I love you." He gave me another kiss.

"I love you too." We gave each other a nice long passionate kiss but pulled away when the bell rang.

"You better get to your seat." He said and took my paper towels of my wrists and rolled my sleeves down. He was so gentle.

I quickly hopped off the desk and ran to my seat by the computer. Kids started piling in and I noticed there was no sign of Jackson. Strange, it was his first day and he just decided to skip his last class.

I looked up at Tyler who was already at the board writing down notes from his textbook. Something was odd and I could feel it down in my stomach.

Maybe it was the thought of leaving Tyler, maybe it was my dad, but whatever it was it was destroying me.