↘︎ chapter thirteen

Mulai dari awal

"He will be second year in a month and didn't want to impose himself." said Noelle with sad and sincere smile. "We tried to convince him but he said he had homework to do. Silly work."

"Well, he is welcomed to come anytime." Arthur retorted and shook again hands with Noelle, then placed Marley's suitcase in the trunk of the car. "It was nice to meet you again, Noelle. Say hello to Noen from the Weasleys and officially invite him to come sometime. Marley, uhm, you can get in the car."

"Uh, yeah, sure, Mr. Weasley." Marley mumbled awkwardly, seeing the bright faces of Fred and George Weasley, sitting on the backseats of the car. They were grinning at her. The girl waved at her godmother and opened the car door, sitting on the seat next to one of the gingers. Yes, she may knew them for three years but still had troubles recognizing them. Arthur Weasley sat on the driver's seat.

"Marley, I want you to be calm. Just don't be too scared, right?" he said and Marley was about to ask what was happening, but in this time the blue car Ford Anglia raised in the air, driving fast. Marley took the handle and her face was pale like canvas. She was afraid of heights.

"Are you okay?" asked the twin next to her. She guessed it was Fred, but she had closed her eyes trying to save her equal breathe. She didn't want to look out from the window. "Mar?" She was wrong. That was George Weasley.

"Yeah, I'm fine." her voice trembled. The girl opened her left eye seeing George, looking at her with concerned brown eyes. Fred was also looking at her with impenetrable face. "It's just a little too high, don't you think? Distract me, George. Whatever it is."

"Oh, I can do it in a lot of ways." he joked, a smirk appearing on his face but Fred hit him in the shoulder. Marley laughed. She was with opened eyes, but they were narrowed a little and her right hand was still clenching the handle. "Why didn't you tell us you are afraid of heights?"

"Why didn't you tell me you have flying car?" Marley came with a good comeback and the twins just smiled faintly, without an answer. Mr. Weasley was quietly driving the fast car. He slowed down a little, the car on shorter distance from the ground, but still too high. It would be a risk of Muggles seeing them.

"You live in a beautiful town, Marley." remarked Mr. Weasley, trying to blur the situation. "Aberaeron is a cosy seaside town in Wales. It is very peaceful."

"Yeah, it really is."

"Well, we live in Devon, England." interefered Fred, who was proud of himself for unknown reason. "We live in a green terrain, with many trees and meadows. You'll like it."

"Are you still scared?" asked George, naughtily sparkle shining in his eyes. "Is your proposal for distraction still valid?"

"George!" Marley exclaimed, her face red but she was laughing. She slitghly hit him in the shoulder with her left hand, while George was just laughing so hard, that he almost fell upon his twin brother. Arthur Weasley was smiling to his sons and in the same time, watching the beautiful and scary view in front of him. Marley just sighed and rested her head on backrest. She wasn't holding the handle anymore and the girl suddenly fell asleep.

     ***

A ray of sunshine flashed into Marley's eyes, and she opened them sharply, unaware of what was happening. The flying car was no longer flying but was parked next to a house surrounded by greenery and a crystal blue lake. Everyone was here, Mr. Weasley behind the wheel, Fred and George by her side.

"Look Fred, Sleeping Beauty is finally awake!" said George to the boy next to him and they both looked at Marley with their curious brown eyes. Mr. Weasley got out of the car and took Marley's suitcase. The girl looked around herself confused. The three children got out of the car and Marely finally saw the house her best friends were living in. It looked as though it had once been a large stone pigpen, but extra rooms had been added here and there until it was several stories high and so crooked it looked as though it were held up by magic. Four or five chimneys were perched on top of the red roof. A lopsided sign stuck in the ground near the entrance read, the burrow. Around the front door lay a jumble of rubber boots and a very rusty cauldron. Several fat brown chickens were pecking their way around the yard.

"We can fight for how beautiful actually she is." said Fred, but he was chuckling. Marley hoped he was joking, because otherwise, she had to kick his ass. She personally thought she was beautiful for thirteen-year-old.

"You're not much more beautiful than me, so shut up Weasley." Marley replied, her voice sounded almost like a bark although she was just joining the joke. Mr. Weasley was already going to the entrance of the house.

"Welcome to the Burrow, Marley." he announced and in that time Marley heard more footsteps. The girl knew Fred and George had a big family. From the entrance she saw Mrs. Weasley and Ginny Weasley. She would probably be first year at Hogwarts now, if Marley knew how to calculate correctly. When Molly Weasley's eyes fell on Marley, Fred and George, she smiled widely, approaching the three slow going into teenagers kids.

Mrs. Weasley quickly hugged her sons, then hugged Marley herself, holding her in her arms. She was very happy to finally be here. After everything she had heard about her from the twins, it was really high time she came to visit. Fred and George were also happy to be together a month before school.

"You came right for lunch." Mrs. Weasley began chatting. There was so much positivity in her and Marley really admired this part of her personality. "You'll be in one room with Ginny. You'll know her better and maybe you'll tell her more about Hogwarts. It'll be good for her to have another girls as a company here."

Marley was nodding with her head the whole time until they entered the Burrow. Ginny, who was at the threshold until a couple of minutes, was now inside. Marley had never seen that much redheads at one place together.

She was convinced she'd has the best month in her life.