Chapter 14: You Belong With Me

-

2013 /flashback to a fourteen year old Gabriel/

His principle gave him a stern look "Mr Novak we don't approve of sexual acts on school grounds- you know this." Gabe nodded "Yes I do- I just don't care." He smirked mischievously at the Principle just when the door opened and Lucifer walked in.

"Finally- Mr Novak-"

Lucifer sat down "Please- call me Lucifer" He cast a side glance at Gabriel "What did he do now?"

"Your brother as done some fairly crazy things his time here at our school but this one your father cannot let fly by."

Gabriel rolled his eyes, "Jeez you make it sound so bad- we were having fun!"

"Your brother was caught..kissing another boy- on our school grounds."

Gabe's eyes widened- he didn't think that his principle would mention the fact that it was another boy, the color drained from his face and he lost his smirk- he barley even heard the rest of what his principle and Lucifer were saying- all he got was -'three day suspension'-

On their drive back home Lucifer spoke "So..another boy huh?" Gabriel went stiff and Lucifer noticed this "I'm not gonna judge you promise-..are you gay?"

"No."

"Okay then- you wanna tell me what that was about?-you've been acting out more lately than usual"

"I don't want to talk about it."

Lucifer pursed his lips "Okay then..what if I tell you a secret of my own?" Gabriel couldn't resist "..What kind of secret?" Lucifer smiled a bit "..I like guys."

"You're gay?!"

Luci nodded "Yep."

"Do mom and dad know?"

"Yes.."

"Why haven't you told anyone?- you know we wouldn't judge you."

"..I could say the say the same thing to you too Gabe." Gabe huffed- he guessed that was fair "..I'm not gay- okay I still like girls."

"-So you're bisexual?"

Gabriel shook his head "I- I don't really care who I kiss, you know?- as long as I like them- it's not just limited to boys and girls." He frowned looking out of the window "I don't know it's probably stupid."

"No it's not-..I think you're pansexual." Gabriel turned his head back to look at Lucifer "What's that?"

"It's a new thing- it's kinda like being bi- but it's also really different instead of being restricted to just girls and boys you love people regardless of their gender."

Damn. Gabe thought smiling, he wasn't some weirdo "Thanks Luci."

"Anytime" Lucifer smiled back "Just next time you decided you're gonna make out with someone at school- don't get caught."

-

Now

"Whatcha doing?" Sam asked joining Gabriel on the bed, Gabe shrugged closing his laptop "Just watching Rory and Dean scenes from Gilmore Girls." He squinted his eyes "-You know you look a lot like Dean."

Damn "No I don't."

"Yeah you do- I mean the hair- the height the annoying yet adorable puppy eyes- only difference is that you're definitely nicer." Gabriel sighed, the side of his face leaning on his palm "Do you have a twin I don't know about?"