Chapter 13: Vertigo

Sam watched Gabriel run past him but didn't try to stop him, it wouldn't do anything- he looked at Baldr for a second, lying on the ground Sam didn't feel bad for him, his only concern Gabriel as he headed back inside.

Gabriel had a head start so he was already gone, when he made it back to the cafeteria everyone looked at him. "Find Gabriel?"

Sam shook his head "No." He lied and Meg scoffed "Fucker skipped out on us." Sam didn't really hear much after that he kind of just tuned it out, thinking about Gabriel..his fists repeatedly hitting Baldr's face- not that he didn't deserve it, he'd found the dudes hands on Gabe- his grip tightening even after Gabriel told him to let go.

But then it was like something switched in Gabriel and he just went off. Sam remembered what Gabe had told him about- being..raped- it was horrible, Sam didn't blame Gabriel for what he did- Baldr had it coming, I mean he'd seen the kid around school and let's just say he was a dick.

After school when everyone was heading home, Sam caught up with Cas -he just couldn't help himself- he had to ask. "Cas!-" He yelled running up to the him "Yeah?"

"Can-..Can I ask you something about Gabriel?"

Cas squinted his eyes at first a little confused but he nodded "Yes?"

"Does he have anger issues?" He asked nervously and Cas immediately perked up "W-Why do you ask?"

"I-just want to know."

"Look Sam if Gabriel is angry, leave him alone- trust me you'll want to let him sort it out himself."

"Why?"

"Gabriel, he's not-.." Cas huffed frustratedly, trying to explain it was hard "He's has bipolar"

Sam's brows shot up "Like, bipolar disorder?" Cas nodded "He never liked taking his meds, they make him feel bad- hell I don't even know if he's on them right now." He frowned "If he's having trouble his anger will be worse and he doesn't like to talk about it."

"I found him..earlier he was.."

Cas glared "He was what?"

"Punching Baldr- but he deserved it" Sam tried to justify, "Sam- I know you just want to help him but-"

"I know- I know but Cas..it's Gabe." He had listened carefully but he wasn't scared, Gabriel would never hurt him- Gabriel trusted him "..I'm gonna talk to him."

-

Sam knocked on Gabriel's bedroom door, he decided not to go through the window as not to spook Gabriel. He was nervous but definitely not scared, Gabriel needed someone to talk to and Sam wanted to make sure that Gabe knew that he was there.

"You can come in Sam I'm not armed."

Sam twisted the nob and took a step into the room "How did you know it was me?" He asked closing the door. Gabriel shrugged his shoulders lazily "Lucky guess." Sam looked him over; he had changed- now in some shorts but he kept on the yellow sweater, his bruised hand was now bandaged up.

His hair was messier than usual and he was leaning on the wall, with a beer in hand- was he drunk?- "Are you okay?" Sam asked gently taking Gabriel's state into account, but Gabriel just smiled tightly pushing himself off the wall "Sure." He sighed "...Sorry about earlier, I probably scared the shit out of you."

Sam shook his head "No you didn't it's fine Gabe" He said truthfully- Gabriel could never scare him. "Yes I did and no it's not I was terrifying" He muttered into his glass "I have..problems..I've been handling it, but I guess I just kinda snapped when he wouldn't leave me alone."