OPTIONAL NOTES.

(This story may not be updated chronologically, but the parts are in chronological order. The chapter titles are the names of the characters the chapter is from the perspective of. They're all in first person. )

(While this story takes inspiration from our reality, with some characters loosely based on those who existed in our own, this collection takes place in a different universe entirely. The history of the mountain is different, the afterlife in this universe is probably nothing like the afterlife in ours, and none of the characters at the hotel are people who actually died on Mount Everest.)

___

Welcome to the world of the Base Camp! Truth be told, this idea has been a long time in the making, and it's taken a lot to make this unusual little hotel come to life. Lots of worldbuilding and establishing rules, lots of listening to Arctic Monkeys on loop, (there's going to be a ton of references to Tranquility Base Hotel and Casino sprinkled throughout this saga, you have been warned,) lots of googling vintage art deco hotel designs, lots of research leading to primary sources, (including letters from deceased Everest climbers that made me cry,) and lots of daydreaming about the possibility of Mark getting a happy ending. But that's a possibility for another time. ;)

Some liberties of the process will be taken. I have never climbed a mountain in my life before, (being a young, only averagely agile girl in America,) so if I get any details wrong, that is 100% on me. The actual climbing process isn't the main focus of the story, so hopefully not too any mistakes were made. 

You may have also noticed I'm not British, so you're probably going to be treated with a comically American idea of a British teenager. If you are British, I apologize for my ineptitude. I am not worthy. I had to google your slang. I hope I'm not a disappointment. 

Also, I haven't played a piano in years. Figured I might as well add that while I'm here. 

 Anyway, if you're reading this, especially when not everything is published yet, I sincerely thank you. Your support means the world! Don't be afraid to vote if you like it, or don't. Your call. :)

I hope you enjoy! :)

___

(One final note: This story doesn't intend to trivialize the suffering of those who genuinely lost their lives on Mount Everest, or their families. It's a terrible demise in practically every way, and there's nothing glamorous about it at all. This may be fictional, but I do hope those who've died have found something better in the beyond. Maybe not in a luxury hotel, but certainly some form of peace that they can rest in for eternity. This story is dedicated to them.)