Chapter 9

Kristen's POV
"What did he just say?" I think to myself. I'm speechless. I don't know what to say. Seconds feel like hours. I sit there staring at him, unable to speak.

"Yes! Yes, I'd love to!"

He leans in and hugs me tightly.

The ride continues and we exchange phone numbers. As our cart comes to a stop, we both get out and start looking for Lexi and Joey. We finally spot them and Lexi's holding a big stuffed teddy bear.

"Where'd you get that?!" I ask her.

"Joey won it for me," she says.

"That's so sweet!" I grin at Lexi.

"I know right," she smiles and looks at Joey and he smiles back.

Lexi, Peyton, Joey and I all start making our way to the tilt-a-whirl. We wait in line, then finally get on. I share a cart with Peyton and Lexi with Joey. As the ride starts up, I say to Peyton, "I get scared so easily on these kinds of rides."

"Don't be," he says to me. "I've got you." He smiles and grabs my hand. Butterflies erupt in my stomach. Then the ride starts up. I scream and laugh and squeeze Peyton's hand.

"That was so much fun!" I say to Lexi as we make our way to the "EXIT" sign. The night continues and everything goes perfectly. Eventually the magical night comes to an end and Lexi and I make our way home. We're walking home and I catch her up on the great news.
"OMG I KNEW IT! I KNEW HE LIKED YOU. GO ME," Lexi squeals.
I laugh and roll my eyes. Tonight is a perfect night. It's perfect.

"Sooooo how bout Joey, huh?" I smirk at her.

"He's so sweet. I think I'm starting to like him," she smiles at her feet.

"AWWWW LEXI'S GOT A CRUSH!!" I shout.

She punches me in the arm and we walk up her driveway. We chill in her room for awhile and then I leave. This perfect night comes to an end.