Chapter 6

Michael POV

My foot strikes against his muscular thigh.

"Agh," I whisper. That hurt my foot a lot actually. Gosh I hate Peyton, but then again I don't really. I'm just kinda jealous of him. He's a good looking guy and he's the best on the baseball team. He's in the play which is really dorky. That's my excuse for always beating him up, but it's more than that. Much more. He irritates me, but he seems cool, which irritates me even more. But there's more than just that.

I shake myself out of my thoughts and then laugh one more time at Peyton. I start to leave the room and then continue on with my day.

Lexi's POV

"KRISTEN!" I shriek as I sprint to her locker. "I have a lot to tell you!"

"Me too!" she grins. "You first."

"Okay so I got the nerve to fulfill my plan and so I talked to Michael and he knew my name!" I exclaim. I share some more details with her and continue to smile.

"That's awesome! I'm so happy for you!" she says.

"Thanks. Your turn," I tell her.

"Ok so I was staring at Peyton in class like always and then one time I looked up and he was staring back at me, but wait, it gets better. Then he smiled at me!" she grins.

"Ahhh! That's awesome!" I say.

"Wait there's more! After the bell rang I started to leave and then someone smashed into my and then I dropped all my books. Klutz, right? But then Peyton came over to me and helped me pick them up! He introduced himself and then I did the same and as he was leaving he winked at me! My stomach had butterflies like no other!" she screeches.

"Wow. That's--that's amazing. I'm so happy for you!" I force a smile.

"What? What's wrong?" she questions me.

"Nothing," I lie.

"C'mon. You're my best friend. I know when something's up and this is one of those times, so tell me. What's the matter?" she says.

"Okay. Truth is, I'm jealous. You can just look at Peyton and then he's all over you. I can't wrap Michael around my finger like that," I glumly.

"Lexi, I don't have him wrapped around my finger. I can barely talk to him. We're on the same page. We're both mesmerized by two boys. We're in this together. Always," she tells me.

"Thanks, Kris," I say back.

"Anytime, Lex."