Chapter 4

Lexi POV

"C'mon. C'mon," I mumble as I wait for the bell to end Math to ring.

BRIIIING

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow class. Don't forget, quiz on Thursday!" my math teacher calls out as everyone rushes to exit.

I spot Michael and start to make my move. I slowly back into him pretending it's an accident.

"Oh I'm sorry I'd didn't see you there--oh hey you're Michael McGallen. Great basketball game last Friday. You played awesome," I say confidently.

"Thanks. You're Lexi, right? I've seen you around before," he spoke delicately.

"Yep. That's me. Well, I'll see you around," I say as I turn away from the most amazing moment of my life.

"Bye," I hear him say as a walk.

That. Was. Amazing. HE KNEW MY NAME! HE KNEW I EXIST. I can't wait to tell Kristen.

Kristen's POV

Ugh. This class is so boring. I wish Lexi and I were in the same math. Mr. Linch makes everything so boring. I hope thinks are working out with Lexi and her plan to talk to Michael. I hope that she also realizes that she can do better. I want her to find someone like Peyton. Ah, Peyton. He's great. He sits three rows in front of me in this class.

My thoughts carry me away as I day dream about everything going on. I turn my head to look where Peyton sits. My blue eyes meet his. He's looking at me. I freeze. I can't move. I can't look away. Then he smiles. The most perfect smile that a human could ever produce. Peyton Meyer is smiling at me. I couldn't help but smile back.

BRIIING

The bell interrupts our gaze. I gather my books and start to head out. I start walking towards the door and I someone crashes into me from behind and my books spill everywhere.

"Dang it," I mumbled as I kneel down to pick up my books.

"Let me help you with that," I hear Peyton say as he gathers half of my books. He hands them back to me and I smile.

"Thank you," I say.

"No problem. By the way, I'm Peyton," he speaks angelically. He's voice is smooth and deep.

"I'm Kristen," I say back.

A grin creeps onto his face.

"That's a pretty name. Well, I'll see you in History," he says. He winks and walks out the door.

That. Was. Amazing. HE WINKED AT ME! HE SMILED AT ME! HE TOLD ME HIS NAME! HE KNOWS I'M IN HIS HISTORY CLASS! HE HELPED ME PICK UP MY BOOKS! I can't wait to tell Lexi.

Peyton's POV

I walk into Math class and take my seat. I turn around and see her, Kristen Alett. Her hair falls perfectly over her right shoulder. She doesn't know how beautiful she is. That's one of the things I love about her. She's shy, but sometimes outgoing. She's artistic and smart. She's perfect.

Math class is dragging on. Math doesn't interest me very much. I like Science and French best. I'm trying to keep focused on class, but Kristen keeps interrupting my thoughts. I slightly turn my head to sneak a peek. I see her hair covering her face as she writes down the notes that I probably should be writing down too. She lifts her head and turns her face towards me. Uh oh. She sees me staring at her. Play it cool. Smile. I slighting turn the corners of my mouth, then fully smile at Kristen. She blushed, returns the grin, and the bell rings. She looks back at her desk and starts to leave. JEEZ PEYTON. She probably thinks I'm a creeper staring at her. Great.

Math class finally ends and I start to make my way to the door then--BOOM! I turn around to see Kristen sprawled on the floor scrambling for her books. I walk over to help her pick them up.

"Let me help you with that," I say as I pick up some of her folders and textbooks.

"Thank you," she says as she smiles a perfect smile.

"No problem. By the way, I'm Peyton," I tell her.

"I'm Kristen," she says back with her beautiful voice.

I smile. I act as if I didn't already know her name and continue on the conversation.

"That's a pretty name. Well, I'll see you in History," I say. I wink at her and keep walking. Shoot! Why did I wink at her? That's so cheesy. You're an idiot, Peyton. I mentally kick myself then step out of the safety of the classroom and walk into a danger zone. The hallway.