Chapter 1: My Life is Horrible

Peri: female, brown hair, green eyes, tall and skinny, and pretty. (wingless spark fairy; can't fly)

Sirena: female, blonde hair, sparkling blue eyes, average height, skinny, beautiful, has a beautiful singing voice. (enchanter)

Emory: male, light brown to blonde hair, tall, skinny, pale blue eyes, cute. (water fairy)

Kit: feamle, light brown hair, purple eyes, small, very lightweight, cute. (air fairy)

~Preface~

    The sound of bells went down the hallways of the old hospital. The girl, Sirena, silently floats into the room, unseen. Before her eyes was a brilliant and beautiful little girl. Oh, how she wanted to touch the baby but she must remain unseen.

   The baby girl looked up when she felt a presence. Sirena stared in awe. The princess was looking at her. Sirena is an enchanter and in this story, they protect fairies and other mythical creatures but nothing was mythical when Sirena saw that the princess had no wings. Her awe turned into horror. She'd never seen a wingless fairy before. Of course this had to be the princess, she had the fairys' mark and her mother's look.

   The shadows were among them and the princess had to be safe. What will the queen, the baby's mother, say? Sirena takes the precious little baby girl and flys off. She stared back as the shadows looked for the baby. "Your name is Peri," Sirena whispered to the girl as she put a neckalce on her that said her name.

   Suddenly, Sirena bumbed into a pole and dropped the baby. Because of Peri's fairy blood, she floated softly on the porch of a house.

   Sirena took a deep breath of relief and flew down to get her. The porch lights turned on and Sirena heard some yelling. "MARTHA, GO GET THE PAPER!!!" She heard footsteps coming closer and flew away as fast as she can. Uh oh, she thought, I forgot Peri!!

   All she could do now was watch as the woman looked down and took her inside the house. I'm really in trouble now, she thought.

   Chapter 1

   I'm Peri, a fifteen year old girl who has her head stuck in dreamland. Fairies, mermaids, and all that sutff has always fascinated me. I daydream about castles, gardens, water, air, fire, sparks, princesses, etc. I know I seem like a dork but that's my life. I sometimes wish I have wings and could fly away from here.

   "Peri, come down and eat breakfast!!" Mom yells. Of course I know she isn't my real mom. I look nothing like her. Plus, she keeps reminding me that my mother abandoned me. Mom is nice...  Tim, my 'dad', isn't. He cheats on her with some twenty-year-old girl. Did I mention he's forty-nine?

   I run downstairs and look for my hot pockets. "Oh honey bee, Tim took the hot pockets with him to that college girl's house."

   "Why do you stay with that, bastard?" I ask.

   "He makes the money. We can't afford to go on our own with my part-time job. The economy is bad this time and I can't find a job anywhere."

   "I told you that I'll get a job," I say.

   "No, baby doll, I wouldn't want a job to get in the way of your school and stuff. I want you to be a smart girl with a good job."

   "You can't pay for college. We don't have enough money."

   "Oh I can try to squeeze every last bit of money out that old man."

   "That's why I'm going to aim for a band scholarship."

   "I told you, you can quit if you don't want to do it." The thing was, I wanted to quit but putting my mother through all that money loss (even if we barely have any) would be too much for her... and me. "Go eat breakfast," she says as she starts wiping the counter.