Chapter 5

~Peri~

   After training (which was very hard for me), Sirena jumped on me. "The queen wants you."

   I ran after Sirena as she flew easily to the castle. I huffed and puffed as I tried to keep up with her. I ran into the castle. "Ouch," I muttered. Where was the door? I looked around for a door or a window. Hell, I would try to find a doggie door if I had to. I looked all the way up to the peak of the castle.

   The closest window was fifteen feet up in the air. I jumped up to reach it. I squatted down as low as I possibly can and jumped up. How could cats to this? I finally just started to jump up and down like a crazy person.

   "You'll never jump up that high," a voice laughed at me.

   I ignored the rude comment and jumped up once more. I exhaled and turned around to see who was laughing at me. It was Emory. "Would you mind telling me why there isn't a door?"

   "There is a door." He pointed all the way up to the peak. "There's your door."

    Looking up, I was exhaused. "How are people supposed to get all the way up there?" I asked, although it was obvious.

   "Come here," he ordered. I walked closer to him. "Closer." I took another step towards him. "Closer." I took one last step to him. He yanked me on his back. He took off.

   "Although I've always wanted to fly," I said, "maybe I should tell you I'm afraid of falling." I squeezed my eyes shut and gripped his shirt.

   "I don't know what to say about that. The fairy queen's daughter is afraid of hieghts."

   "I am not," I snapped. "I'm afriad of falling." He started to fly upside down. "Alright, alright," I squealed. "I'm afraid of heights." He let me down at the door. "There, happy?"

   "Very," he said with no emotion.

   "I think it's because I was raised by humans, were falling can kill you and wings on humans never was."

   "That world is very strange."

   "It's the modern world. The normal world. Also known as the world were I was born."

   "I thought you were born here." We walked through the doors and stopped. Sirena looked down at us with a frown. Her hands were at her hips.

   "Where have you been?" she demanded.

   "I might ask you the same. Do you not know I can't fly?"

   "You still have fairy blood. You can fly. It's harder though."

   "I haven't had a lot of training, thanks for your concern," I said sarcastically.

   "Well, anyway," she sighed. "The queen is waiting for you."

   I walked to the queen's throne and she smiled.

   "Hello, Peri."

   "I didn't do anything!"

   She seemed surprised by my sudden outburst.

   "Sorry," I mumutmuted. "Go on."

   "I want to invite you to dinner tonight. Is that alright with your friends?" She was looking behind me where Emory and Sirena had their faces pressed against the glass, peeking in.

   "Its alright," I assure.

   "Good."

   I walked out only to be pounced on by Sirena and Emory.

   "What did she say?" Emory asked.

   "Emory, let me ask the questions," Sirena chimed. "What did she say?"

   "She invited me to dinner tonight."

   "Really can we come?" Emory asked.

   "Actually. Do you mean, 'Can I come?'? I'm already invited. I'm the assitant. I'm supposed to come."

   "I'm not sure. I didn't ask."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   I got ready for the dinner. Sirena sat on my cot and watched me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 again. sorry so short. thnx for reading. please comment or/and vote. XD --Private19