Chapter 14

Hello, thanks for reading. I really appreciate it. Please leave comments. It would help me so the story could get better. I beg of you! But still, thanks for reading. PS I'm running out of ideas to put here. Mind helping me? *sigh* D: -- Private19

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   Rose pouted and sulked the rest of the way there. I didn't know how to cheer her up. Kit decided to fly above us, leaving the awkwardness behind. I envied her. She coud fly away and leave this uncomfortable state.

   "I feel like we're going around in circles," I tried to lighten the mood, which felt like a thousand pounds. Apparently, it wasn't the best thing to do.

   "Another thing to expect from a human," Rose said, with enough venom to kill someone.

   "I'm sorry. I wasn't raised in a perfect world like you Princess Rose." I bit out the princess part. "I was raised in a town that was logical and poor. My mother wasn't a rich person. We had a small house with her abusive boyfriend and enough bullies for each person in the world! I'm sorry if I don't fit your high standards."

    "Shut up. both of you," Emory commanded.

   "Who died and put you in charge?" Rose snapped.

   "Shh, look," he pointed a finger to up ahead. A huge vulture circled above us. "It's the evil queen's."

   The vulture swooped down, grabbing me by the shoulders. I screamed as it jetted upward. The ground got farther and farther away. I gripped onto the vulture's legs, not wanting to fall.

   Kit and Emory raced up after me. "Peri, get down from there, I'll catch you!" Emory yelled after me.

   I squeezed my eyes shut. I could only hear the whistling of the air and the vulture's huge wings beating slowly.

   "Peri!" Kit yelled. Her wings were tiny compared to the vulture, and they beated frantically, almost faster than a humming bird's. I felt the vulture pick up speed, and soon, Kit and Emory got tinier and tinier, until they disappeared.

   My heart was slamming against my rib cage, like a prisoner shaking bars and wanting to get out. In fact, I thought my ribs were going to break, with the constant hurting and slamming of my heart. I felt sick, I've never been this high up before.

   Then, I was falling. My hair whipped out of my face and my heart burned with adrenaline. I couldn't scream. My eyes felt like they were glued shut. I found it hard to breathe. And then... it stopped.

   I was still in the air, but now I was in Kit's grasp as her tiny body tried to hold me up. "Kit," I said, my eyes shut.

   "Hang on, Peri," she gasped as she struggled with my weight. "Emory, take her."

   He did so. "You can open your eyes now, Peri."

   I didn't want to."Emory, I think I'm deathly afraid of heights now." I gripped onto him tightly for my life. He held me like a baby, cradling me to his chest.

   "It's alright, now. You're safe."

   I slowly opened my eyes. Seeing the ground so far below us, I shut my eyes again. "I feel sick. Can get me on firm ground now?"

   He jetted to the ground and I let out a scream. My nails dug into his neck. Laughing, he set me down.

   "You-- you, I could strangle you!" My heart's slamming slowed down to a knock.