Chapter 13

Thanks for reading, people. Um... I think I'm going to end the story soon for three reasons One: No one is really reading this Two: I made up this story a while ago when I used to be into fairies and things so I'm not that into it anymore... so. Three: This is turning out not how I want it to be. BYEE!!! XD -- Private19

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   ~Peri~

   I can't believe I was so stupid. I just said something I shouldn't have. Now Emory and Kit are mad at me. I could care less about Rose. Now I was wandering though a forest that seems to go on forever. This trip has gone on longer than what I've expected. I expected it to be a week trip-- two weeks at the most. No, it's a month trip. Spending time with other people my age for a month doesn't appeal to me.

   I'm used to being an only child. Of course, my big mouth had to say something offensive.

   A Few Hours Ago:

   I walked to the camp with firewood. Emory sat by the fire with Rose, putting his jacket over her shoulders. A knot twisted in my stomach. It sickened me. Who could like Rose? She was bratty and whiney. I dropped the fire wood on the ground and sat next to Kit, who was blowing at the fire and watching the sparks and ambers dance.

   Fire is so beautiful-- isn't it? It's so warm and glowing, showing off it's sparks to the world. Just then, Emory and Rose left the fire, moving to the other side of camp.

   "It's so sad, isn't it?" Kit said, snapping me out of my trance.

   "What is?"

   "Emory and Rose can't stay by the warm fire for long. Emory is a water fairy, and it dries him up. While Rose is a garden fairy. Plants catch fire all the time. She hates the sight of fire."

   "Is that why she hates me?"

   "What? No, at least not for that reason. You can barely make a fire. You aren't that dangerous. Then again, you did have that fire accident recently."

   Ah yes, the fire accident. I was too emotional, almost sending the whole forest down in flames. No wonder Rose has been more cold to me. "Rose..." I thought aloud. "What a cliche name for a garden fairiy." I smiled to myself.

   I got up and followed Emory and Rose to the other side. "Are you coming back to the fire any time soon?"

   "I think we'll stay here for the rest of the night," Rose snapped, answering for Emory.

   "Are you?" I asked Emory.

   He shrugged. "I think I'll stay here."

   My knotted stomach tightened. I worked so hard on that fire. He has been acting... differently lately.

   Probably sensing my disappointment, he said, "I'm proud of you, Peri. You're on your way to become a powerful spark princess. I'll see the fire tomorrow night. Alright? See ya later."

   "Alright," I nodded. "'Night."

   "Good night," he yawned, "Peri."

   "Sweet dreams, Peri," Rose said with a lot of vemon in her voice.

    I narrowed my eyes at her, thinking if I could just set her on fire once...

   I turned away and made my way back to the fire. I was seething. How could Emory not hear all the venom in her voice. She hates me! He lets her get away with it! Whenever I snap at Rose, it's "God, Peri, why do you have to be so mean?"!