The Finale

About a 3 months later, Richard had started his business of poultry and fish farming. Things haven't been easy for him from the beginning, because he hasn't sold any of his product yet. He was able to raise five thousand chickens and countless number of fish. Today was a big day, because he was going to sell his fish for the time, and it was also Rebecca's birthday. He woke up early in the morning around 6 am and took a bath before any of his roommates could wake up. He got dressed in a blue Shirt and a black trouser and left the room.

He boarded a taxi that will take him to his poultry farm. The poultry was about five kilometers away from his university, and about 3 kilometers away from where Rebecca is staying. Her Aunt sent one of elderly cousins to live with her and Richard decided to move back to the hostel. Rebecca tried her best to him convince to stay, but Richard thought she needed her family. Since then, Rebecca has been very mad at Richard. She hasn't been picking his calls for the past week, but he decided he will visit her after his sell.

He arrived at the poultry after few minutes of driving, and he was welcomed by one of the men he employed.
"Good morning sir," the man greeted as Richard approached the entrance.
"Good morning, how was your night?" Richard asked.
"It was not bad," the man replied.
"How is your family?" Richard asked.
"They are all okay," the man grinned.
"That's good then," Richard smiled.
"I have good news for you sir," the man announced.
"Really? What is it?" Richard asked curiously.
"Your Chickens have started laying eggs," the man announced.
"Really?" Richard asked excitedly.
"Yes, you can go in and see them," the man said.

Richard walked around excited and looked at his farm. He couldn't believe he made it that far. He looked a around the farm with a smile on his, and he has never been proud of himself like he was at that moment. He was so desperate to finish was he was doing so that he could tell Rebecca about his achievement. At about 10 am, the buyers of his arrived farm. Because of the uniqueness of his fish, he was able to make about one million Naira from his first sell.

After paying his workers, he decided go a nearby jewelry shop nearby to buy something for Rebecca because it was her birthday. While he was going around the jewelry store shop, he noticed a very beautiful ring and a necklace and decided to buy the two for her. He took a taxi back the hostel where he found only Achuba in the room.
"Hey, when did you go out?" Achuba asked.
"I left as early as 6, you were all sleeping at that time," Richard replied.
"So how did it go?" Achuba questioned.
"It was a huge success, And my chickens have finally starting laying eggs" Richard announced excitedly.
"You see, I told you to be patient, I was absolutely sure you would make it," Achuba grinned.
"Thank you," Richard smiled.

Just then, Richard received a call from Emmanuel.
Richard: Hello
Emmanuel: Good morning
Richard: Good morning, I thought you are supposed to be at school by this time.
Emmanuel: we are on holidays
Richard: are you sure you are holidays?
Emmanuel: I'm absolutely sure, you can ask Rebecca if you don't believe me.
Richard: okay, I believe you.
Emmanuel: I just want to tell you that to is Rebecca's birthday.
Richard: I'm already aware, I even got her a present.
Emmanuel: that's cool, when are you coming?
Richard: soon

After the call, Richard call Rebecca again several times, but she didn't pick his calls. He decided to send her a message about his success, but still got no reply. At some, he headed out of the room.
"Where are you going?" Achuba asked.
"I'm going to meet Rebecca," he replied as he walked. He walked for some minutes before arriving at Rebecca's faculty. He walked to bulletin and looked for where Rebecca was having her lecture. After noticing where her lecture will take place, he asked one of the students around for where he can find the venue. He was instructed to go to the fifth floor and he made his way there.

When he got there, he noticed that the venue was a laboratory filled with students wearing white coats. Suddenly, he saw Rebecca standing next to her friends. When her friends noticed him standing outside, they showed him to her but she quickly looked away acting like she didn't care. Richard walked to the entrance of the lab and called her name.