chapter 44

In the night around 8 pm, Susan received a text from Thomas while she was sitting with Richard on a bed in his room.
Thomas: come to gate of the house, I'm waiting for you.
Susan: Okay, I'm on my way.
She texted back his message with a smile on her face and stood up. She was wearing a very transparent night gown at the time.
"Where are you going to?" Richard asked curiously when he noticed her going out.
"I just want to go and see something," she replied and headed out.

She walked of the gate and saw Thomas standing understand a tree that was opposite the house. He folded his arms and leaned himself against the tree as he watched her approached him. His heartbeat increased as she got closer.
"So, what brings you here at this time?" She asked holding her waist.
"I've never been so desperate in my life to see someone in my life until now. I would lose my mind if I didn't see you," Thomas replied.
"Really? Are you expecting me to believe these silly lies of yours?" Susan laughed.
"Look into my eyes and tell me I'm lying," Thomas said with all seriousness.

She became silent for a while and looked into his eyes. She suddenly felt like he was drawing her sould out her body. He felt a very strong force pulling him towards her. He got closer to her with his heart pounding more than ever. He gently tilt his head and kissed her on the lips. She instantly placed her hands on his shoulders as he kissed her. They kissed for more than a minute before he finally let her go.

And when he looked up behind her, he instantly met an eye contact with Richard. He had never seen Richard looking very upset like since he met him. He quickly let go Susan and watched Richard walked back into the house. He became confused and couldn't think of what to do.
"What's wrong?" Susan asked.
"I think Richard has saw us," Thomas responded.
"What if he sees us?"
"I don't think he wants us to be together," Thomas answered.
"Do you think so?" She asked.
"The look on his face definitely said so," Thomas responded.
"Don't worry, I will talk to him," Susan replied.

She went into the house and saw Richard sitting on a bench under a tree. He was sitting in silence with his arms folded. She headed straight to her room pretending hew wasn't there.
"What do you think you are doing?" Richard asked just as she walked pass where he was sitting.
"What do you mean by that?" She asked pretending not to be aware.
"You know very well what I'm talking about," Richard responded.
"I still don't get you," she smiled.
"Since when did you start dating my friends?" Richard asked angrily.
"Are mad because I'm dating someone I like?" She questioned.
"Yes I am, and starting today, you will never see him again," Richard declared.
"I don't think you have the right to stop me from dating him, I am not a kid Richard, I date whoever I want and wherever I want," she replied angrily.

Richard became quiet for moment, because he was surprised at her reply.
"Is that so?" He finally spoke.
"Yes," she responded.
"Well, I guess I don't have your respect any longer," Richard replied.
"You don't have the right to lecture me about respect," she declared.
"I understand, you can do anything you wish," Richard replied.
"I will," she replied and walked to her room.

Richard remained sitting outside until it was 11 pm. Rebecca had just returned from the library and the gate was opened for her. She drove into the house and saw Richard sitting alone on a bench. She parked the car and walked to him.
"Are you still awake?" She asked when she got to where he was.
"Yes I am," Richard responded.
"What's wrong?" She asked noticing how worried he was.
"You won't believe what I saw," Richard announced.
"What happened?" Rebecca asked as she sat beside him.
"Thomas is going out with my sister," Richard complained.
"I thought he is your friend."
"Not anymore," Richard declared.
"He stabbed you in the back despite how you trusted him," Rebecca said.
"Exactly," Richard replied.

                               ***
Thomas arrived back at their room very late in the night. When he arrived at the room, he found only Armstrong awake. He was sitting on his bed reading one of his book with a flashlight.
"Where have you been?" Armstrong asked as Thomas walked in.
"I have been sitting on the bench outside," Thomas outside.
"We thought you are going to spend the night here," Armstrong said.
"No I was just needed to take care of something," he replied. He changed into his sleeping clothes and lied on his bed. He tried as much he can to fall asleep for about an hour, but he couldn't sleep. He kept turning from one side of his bed to another.