Diamond Finding

I had an idea but I can't really write it but I hope you like anyways. Its unfinished but if anything I can try to write more :/ it's badddd

Zak liked living in his peaceful little village in the mountains. He had been lucky, the bloodline of magic had passed down to him. His powers may have been less useful in a bigger town, but in the mountains it was useful.

He could find diamonds. It was like a sense, a magnetic pull, leading him to the precious material. His family had been able to live well, his sister carved the diamonds into shapes, his parents sold them in the market. And so Zak lived comfortably in a big house in the little village.

Until he ran into the bandits.

It was a usual morning. He had woken up to the doorbell ringing, and ran downstairs to open it. One of his best friends, Vince, was standing outside, a small grey and white dragon sitting on his shoulders.

"You ready to go?"

Zak smiled widely.

"Sure I am!"

Zak turned on his heel to yell a goodbye to his family, and then stepped into the sun, the door slamming behind him.

"Where are we heading first anyway?"

Vince looked at Zak, and the dragon on his shoulder tilted its head and squeaked.

"Even Ian wants to know."

Zak skipped ahead and turned to face Vince.

"No idea! I just wanted to get out of the house."

"Do you ever have any idea?"

Zak beamed.

"Nope."

Vince shook his head and facepalmed.  Ian lifted his head and squeaked again. The two continued down the street in silence for a few minutes until falling into conversation.

"How's Ian been doing anyway?"

Vince petted Ian, the dragon purring.

"He's good. He ran into another dragon on Tuesday but I managed to separate them before they hurt anyone."

"Oh cool. My parents still won't let me get a dragon, it's so unfair."

They continued their conversation until they passed an alleyway, and they fell silent, catching a snippet of conversation. They stopped, listening.

"Shut up nerd. Why did you even join us if you didn't want to do anything illegal- "

A slightly higher voice broke in.

"I'm sorry Techno! But I don't get why we have to do something ille-"

There was a clattering sound.

"- Oh my goodness! Please don't make too much noise..."

Zak peered around into the alleyway, and met eyes with a cloaked figure.

"And now this kid has found us. Good job Bad."

The voice came from the masked figure beside the first. The mask was in the design of a pig, and a crown was perched precariously on top.

The cloaked figure, Bad, looked away from Zak and at the floor instead.

"It wasn't my fault Techno. You were the one who decided to drop your sword!"

Zak stood at the open end of the alleyway, gaping.

"-y-you..."

Vincent chuckled, watching as his friend lost brain cells.

"You really are pretty sheltered! I mean, everyone knows there's bandits here."