Introduction

Sometimes, I'm not always sure what to do. I feel like I'm always wrong, like I'm never good enough. I'm invisible and it's as if I don't exist. If I really didn't exist, I don't think anyone would care. I'm all alone in this great big world, I'm lost.

My mom died when I was eight and no one even bothered to ask if I was okay. Her death took a toll on my whole family, but especially me. While my dad became a workaholic and my sister a party animal, I became depressed. When no one seems to care about your feelings, you feel alone and the sadness takes over. People don't understand what it's truly like to feel alone, even if you're surrounded by other people.

My whole life, I've been told that I'm wrong, and that I should be more like my sister, my perfect sister. She's all my dad ever cared about, especially once my mom was gone. She's all anyone has ever really cared about.

My sister Megan always claims I need 'help.' I don't need help and I don't want it. Although she has a way of convincing people, so Dad makes me go to group therapy every Tuesday and Thursday at the hospital. In group, we're supposed to talk about our feelings, or whatever. I don't ever talk, I just sit there and count down the minutes until I can finally leave. Group is torture and it's all Megan's fault that I have to go. It's always her fault, but I always have to take the blame. Since she's perfect, and I'm just me.