Flustered

Spinel scrolled through Netflix and watched trailers till the early morning when she finally stumbled across the documentary section.

She ended up watching one called 'behind the curve' where she discovered that some humans actually think the earth is flat.
She tried to contain her laughter throughout the documentary as to not wake up (y/n).

As it finished she let out a quiet giggle, turning the tv off and deflating into the couch.

She wondered for a moment if maybe (y/n) might have another nightmare. This instantly make her think back to how (y/n) had traced her finger along her gem, resulting in a strange heat radiating off her cheeks.

She wondered what it was and found it was happening again as she lifted her hand to her cheek. Did this happen everytime she was around (y/n)?

Is she cracked? Corrupted? What was happening to her?

Her thoughts were cut off as she heard (y/n)'s bedroom door creak open.

Oh morning already?

"Good morning toots-" her words fell short as she saw (y/n) with cute messy bed hair and a really lose shirt that covered her to her knees and was slipping off her shoulder, revealing a good chunk of her collar bone.

Spinel felt the heat in her cheeks increase tenfold and also started feeling her metaphorical stomach tighten.

"G'mornin." You replied groggily in a rough morning voice, as you walked to the mini fridge.

Spinel watched as you bent down to grab a juice, the shirt getting dangerously high up your thighs.

The heat on her face becoming almost unbearable.

You stood back up and wandered back to your room to get ready for the day, taking sips from your juice.

Spinel stood there awkwardly, astonished and still couldn't place her finger on why. As well as this her face was the warmest it's ever been.

 As well as this her face was the warmest it's ever been

Whatever this was, it was getting worse.

She decided she'll talk to Steven about it.

When she heard the shower turn on in the bathroom she knew she'd have a few minutes before (y/n) was ready.

She grabbed the 'cell phone' that Steven had given her when she moved in with (y/n) and called said gem hybrid.

...

...

...

*Click*

"Hey spinel! What's up?" Steven answered.

"I-i umm. Steven, there's something wrong with my face." Spinel stated very unsurely.

"What? Wait. Turn on face cam."

"H-how do you do that?"

"The little camera icon in the bottom corner."

After a few technical difficulties, spinel finally managed to turn face cam on.

"Well? Do you know why my face is... Like this?" She asked, pointing to the flush on her cheeks.

 Like this?" She asked, pointing to the flush on her cheeks

Steven smirked and choked back a laugh.

"What? This isn't funny! What if I'm cracked? Or- or- or, I'm becoming corrupted or-" spinel's panicked reply was interrupted by Steven cutting in.

"Spinel. You're blushing. It's what happens when you react to certain things. Like being embarrassed or flustered."

"Oh. What is 'flustered'?" Spinel asked.

"Oh it's well. When you are caught off guard by certain situations. It's hard to explain but it's usually when someone flirts with you or you see someone you're attracted to."

"Attracted? Like friends?" Spinel asked.

"Oh. Oh! Okay, we're having that talk then..." Steven blushed a little.

"Oh! Your face did the blush! Is that because you're my friend?" Spinel asked excitedly.

"No it's not that. It's just that this sort of thing I'm going to have to explain to you is very embarrassing for us humans..." Steven explained, scratching the back of his head.

"Look, considering (y/n) had been... cut off from the world at the age of nine, I doubt that she knows about this either..., I'll explain it to you both later, maybe once I'm more prepared." He decided.

After that they organised him and garnet to come over and explain it to both of them.

Spinel had to cut the call short as (y/n) had finished getting ready.

"Hey (y/n)! Steven and garnet are coming over later." Spinel said as she walked over to (y/n) and sat down next to her on the couch.

"Who's garnet?" You asked

"Oh right! You haven't met her yet. But they're coming over to give us, what Steven called the 'grown up talk'." Spinel explained.

"Oh, uh I already know about all of that." You mumbled, a blush growing across your face.

"Wow Steven was right! All humans do the blush when talking about the 'grown up talk'!" Spinel laughed excitedly. Poking your red face.

You just laughed and leaned into her. Giving spinel a blush of her own.