He groaned before he continued speaking to himself. “Ugh! Why do I care so much about that woman?”

He hurried out of his apartment and headed to Chaeyoung’s house. He was just about to press the doorbell when the gate suddenly opened. Then Chaeyoung surprised Jungkook with a warm greeting when she leaped into him without warning and put her arms around his neck.

“You came! Mhmm, I missed you so much.” She exclaimed.

Jungkook pushed Chaeyoung off of him and stared at her ankle that looked far from sprained.

“Your ankle looked totally fine.” He commented in his stern voice.

She grinned at him as she answered, “I got better because you’re here now.”

“Chaeyoung, this is not funny!” He shouted.

“Fine! I lied. I’m sorry.” She tightly gripped into his arm and looked at him directly in the eyes. “And I’m sorry for everything I said yesterday. I didn’t mean it. I’m really sorry.”

Jungkook turned to leave without saying anything.

“Wait!” Chaeyoung called before she ran after Jungkook and put her arm around his.

The couple went to work together but Jungkook was still upset while Chaeyoung did not mind his grumpy mood. He was pushing her away but she did not look even a bit disheartened and kept on clinging to him.

It was five minutes before lunch break when Jungkook received a call from Chaeyoung. Panic was thick in her voice when she told him that she was stuck inside a comfort room. She told him that she stained her skirt with her own blood. Jungkook got alarmed until she explained that it was only her menstruation. She asked to meet him outside the comfort room beside their office.

However when Jungkook went to meet Chaeyoung, he realized that she made a fool of him again. Her skirt was squeaky-clean when she came out of the comfort room. He angrily stormed off to the elevator but she was quick to follow him.

Then they ate lunch together because Chaeyoung glued herself to Jungkook when they got inside the elevator. She shamelessly held on to him even when Jungkook was pushing her off of him.

The next day, Jungkook was wondering why Chaeyoung did not contact him since last night. Since two days ago, he had not been replying to any of her messages and refused to answer her calls. She sent her last text an hour before she was off from work yesterday. She only informed him that she had a dinner meeting to attend so they couldn’t meet for dinner. And although they actually did not plan to meet, Jungkook still felt slightly disappointed.

Jungkook was starting to worry when Chaeyoung did not contact him for the entire day. He wanted to contact her first but when he remembered the things she did the other day, he changed his mind right away.

… … … … …

“Jungkook, what are you doing here?” Bambam asked when he reached where Jungkook and Yugyeom were seated.

They were in Bambam’s restobar.

“Dude, what kind of question is that?” Yugyeom commented before he added. “We’re here to drink ‘coz our friend here is kinda brokenhearted.”

“Oh! Really?” Bambam said as he sat beside Jungkook. “So you and Chaeyoung are not okay? Hmm. So that’s why Lisa cancelled our date tonight. She said that Chaeyoung needed her tonight. What happened?”

Jungkook told them what happened between him and Chaeyoung as he drowned himself in alcohol. He was completely upset with her. He couldn’t even understand why she stopped trying to talk to him. He was sure he’d eventually give in to her if she only kept on pestering him.