Ch. 24 Two and a Half Minutes

Draco’s POV

I reached my hand inside the container and pulled out what felt to be a round, circular plain looking stone. “Seriously?” I muttered. “I get a rock? All of that for a bloody rock?!”

“Draco.” Hermione said gently. “That isn’t just a rock.”

 “Oh, I suppose it’s a magical rock, isn’t it?” I muttered sarcastically.

 “Actually, yes. You happen to be holding the Ressurection Stone.”

I snorted. “That’s just a fairy tale!”

 “You know, you’re a bit of a git when you get angry.”

“Well I think I’m allowed to be!” I erupted. “In the past few months I’ve learned that my father wasn’t my father, that he’s my uncle and he killed my father. Then the weird blackouts and spirit expeditions, and now this bloody rock! I wish none of this had ever happened!” She put a comforting arm around my shoulder.

 “You’re right.” she agreed, her voice soothing. “You don’t deserve this. But whatever “this” is, we need to finish it. Now, I think-“

“That since Lucius’ soul was separated from his body, that if someone used the resurrection stone, theoretically they could find a way to meld the two together again. That’s why they had it.” She looked a bit surprised at my knowledge. “What? I was a kid once.”

“Anyway, now that we have it, we need to get it to McGonagall. It was supposed to be lost in the Forbidden Forest, but apparently they found it. If we have the stone, they probably won’t be able to continue their… ah, experiment. Anyway, they’ll go after anyone they thought it could have been. Harry, Ron, me, you, Narcissa, McGonagall, etcetera. We can all protect ourselves, but if they land a surprise attack in big enough numbers when we’re alone…” Our eyes met. “Right. I’ll go tell my parents, Harry, and the Weasley’s. You get your mother and the school."

“On it.” I said, standing up. “Shouldn’t take more than a half an hour.” I closed my eyes and dissaparated.

“Draco!” I heard a surprised exclamation.

“Hello, Narcissa.” I was in my dining room, and there sat Narcissa with a man. Dawlish, an auror, I remembered. “I have some rather…Unfortunate news. It seems I’ve angered the remaining Deatheaters, but they don’t know it was me. I just came to warn you; you never know who they think it might be.” She ran over and gave me a hug.

“Of course, of course. Don’t do anything else that’s too stupid, alright?”

A faint smile twitched at the corners of my lips. “I’ll try.”

“Off you go, then. Who else do you have to tell?”

“McGonagall. Hermione’s getting everyone else.”