Ch. 8 Friends

Edits: Still slowing down on the relationship, something about Blaise's tendency towards flamboyance not necessarily making him gay (but not necessarily not), he expresses his gender identity and sexuality the way he wants to.  

Blaise’s POV

 I smiled as I read Hermione’s letter. She was such a sweetheart! Not that I would make a move on her. After all, she is my best mate’s girlfriend. So, Draco was coming over at eleven? Fun!! Best mate time! But I knew Hermione wasn’t just sending him over to hang out. If she thought he needed someone to talk to, then he probably needed someone to talk to.

And I was good at talking. Anyway, I figured Hermione meant tomorrow at eleven, since the letter only arrived today at eleven. Whatever. I yawned. Might as well go to bed… I had a pretty big day tomorrow. LOTS of homework. Hey, what can I say? I procrastinate! I shook my thoughts off and hopped into bed. At the beginning of the year I had charmed it to be as soft as a cloud. It was definitely worth it. Eventually, my racing mind slowed, and I slipped into unconsciousness.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*The Next Morning ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Have you ever heard that really irritating iPhone alarm that is like one of those “warning-get out now, or you’ll die” BEEP BEEP BEEP’s? The one where you wake up and you’re like, WHO DIED?!? WHERE'S THE FIRE?!?! Well, at six o’clock that’s what I woke up to, except that Theo (Theodore Nott) had put a charm on it that made it ten times louder than it should have gone. Five minutes later, Goyle had a new phone, and Theo had a black eye. Unfortunately, I couldn’t fall asleep again. I sighed and stood up. Maybe a walk would help. Actually, I knew it wouldn’t. I was just bored.

I changed into my robes and trudged out of the common room, rubbing the tiredness from my eyes. I wandered through the castle. I was hoping that I would find a new passageway, or somewhere I had never been. After going up several flights of stairs, I found a doorway that looked like it hadn’t been opened in twenty years. Being my naturally curious self, I opened it. “Whoa.” I said. Inside was at least three hundred books. It was a small room, with a sign propped up against the wall that stated, "out of use textbooks". All the walls were covered in books. In the very middle of the floor was a single rocking chair. I popped a book down from one of the shelves, sat down, and flipped to the first page.

Helpful, Uncommon Spells.

I flipped to the middle.

The wayfinder spell- as long as you cast this spell before you leave somewhere, you will always be able to return. Just say      mementohocloco, dicitur     then the name of where you are, then say    me ad    then the name of where you are.

Okay... I thought. Hermione would have such a fun time up here! OOOH! I know what I’ll do! I’ll show Draco where it is, then he can show Hermione. Draco would so owe me one. I cleared my throat loudly. “Memento hoc loco, dicitur Little Room filled with Books.” I hope that that counts as a name. I checked my watch. Eight o’clock! No wonder my legs hurt. I had been walking for almost two hours! I sighed and left. Down to breakfast.

I meandered down to the Great Hall, my mouth watering. Mmm... I could smell it already. Bacon, eggs, ham, orange juice... Ah. I loved breakfast. Finally I made it to the Great Hall and began to stuff my face. Ah, the bliss of having one’s stomach full on a Sunday. I smiled. Soon enough, though, my smile was fading. I had just remembered-I had a Potions essay due tomorrow. I sorrowfully stood up, and with one look full of longing, I glanced back at the still full tables. I sighed and shuffled back to the common room. Better get some of it done. Once I was there, I grabbed my book bag and sat down in an armchair.