⠀⠀o7. the almost truth

NINI lay on her back on her bed, staring at her bedroom ceiling

"Can you believe Miss Jenn cast me as Martha at the last minute?" Kourtney said from where she was sitting at the foot of Nini's bed, scrolling through her phone. "How am I supposed to juggle makeup, costume and a musical theatre role?"

"Can you believe I still have feelings for Ricky, even after all this time?" Nini replied back, copying the way Kourtney had spoken. "How am I supposed to juggle a musical theatre career and still wanting the boy who broke my heart?"

"Girl, we have different problems," Kourtney chuckled.

"There are three kisses at the end of the play. Three!" Nini said exasperatedly. "We scratched last years kiss, but this year there's three and I don't think Miss Jenn is going to get away with scratching all three of them. I have to kiss the boy who broke my heart three times and I'm not even worried about it. I'm excited."

Kourtney paused for a moment before she clambered to lay beside her friend.

"So you're admitting it now?" Kourtney said softly, staring up at the same ceiling that Nini had been staring at the whole time. "You still like Ricky?"

"Kourt, I think I still love him," Nini sighed softly.

This was the almost truth. Nini didn't think she still loved Ricky, she knew she still loved him. But Kourtney didn't need to know that just yet.

"Seb is gonna beat your ass," Kourtney chuckled. "You know how he feels about Ricky and you after what happened last year when you two split."

Kourtney wasn't wrong. If there was anyone that would be unhappy about Nini's sudden admittance of remaining feelings for the boy who broke her heart, it would be Seb - he didn't have a problem with Ricky, and the two boys were still friends, but it had been Seb that had picked up the pieces after Nini had her heart broken once more, and he vowed to never let it happen again. If he was to find out that Nini was flat out admitting that she still loved Ricky, there would be a part of Seb that would hurt, but only in fear that Nini would be broken again.