Chapter 6: Tumblr Story With Two Characters but One Bed - Alternate Title: Oh No

[I feel like Jonathan would really like that one Pink Guy song Help].

Jonathan opened his eyes blearily. He jolted up in bed at a green glow in the room. It was the light of his digital alarm clock. The time ticked from 3:36 to 3:37 AM. Too early in the morning to think about the demon. He blew out a slow breath. His heart still pound when he finally sank back under the covers. A bead of sweat trailed down his forehead. He wondered what he did when he wasn't around.

Where he went was obvious. Sock's laugh filled his head when he closed his eyes, his mind flooded with images of him with a pitchfork. He imagined that he probably tortured souls who were bad people in their lives. What even made a person bad? Sock seemed like a normal guy, sort of, if one ignored the random dance that he did and the way he would stalk him in the urinal.

Well, among other things. Okay, he was a weird guy, but he seemed nice enough. Jonathan didn't believe that Sock was actually a demon. He couldn't get him out of his mind. He wondered, not for the first time, what he had done. He wondered who would name their son, or any kid, Sock. He considered it was possibly a name Sock himself made up. What was with the hole in his stomach?

He imagined that he was impaled in an accident, or killed by some horrible person. These thoughts disturbed him. He didn't want to go back to sleep. However, he would rather toss around than be visited by an unwanted guest. Unfortunately for him, Sock seemed to predict exactly when to make his presence known. He buried his face into his pillow when the glowing green light appeared through his closet.

"Ugh, what are you still doing here?" Jonathan groaned.

"I think the more appropriate question is-"

"Yeah, yeah, you're so funny," he said.

Sock came to the edge of his bed.

"Thanks, I know," Sock said.

He could hear in his tone that he was very pleased with himself.

"What I meant was, you're an idiot," Jonathan said.

Sock let out a laugh. He could feel his breath on his ear.

"I know, but you love me, right?" he said.

He blew in his face. Jonathan swatted him away.

"Stop it, that's so creepy," he said.

He shuddered, then turned over and hid under the covers. It wasn't enough to keep out the demon.

"That's the point, Jon."

"Don't call me Jon," he said.

"Why not?" Sock asked.

Jonathan shook his head, still clouded from sleep.

"Why not, what?" Jonathan asked.

"Why can't I call you Jon?" he asked.

"Because you sound like my dad," Jonathan said.

Sock tensed all at once.

"Oh, sorry," Sock said.

Jonathan laid silently under the covers for a long moment, as he wondered what all Sock knew about him, but then he rolled his eyes at his own thought; like Sock would know anything.

Jonathan heaved, too hot already under the blanket. He sat up again, his hair a tangled mess. He still didn't quite forgive him for the incident with the hair dye. Sock sat on the edge of his bed, his feet dangled over the edge, even though it was low to the ground compared to his mom's bed. He suddenly worried that she could hear him through the thin walls. It became very clear to him in the last few days that he was the only one who knew Sock was there.