64

Warning: Uncomfortable scenes ahead. 

As the night ends, he moves to his own room to sleep.

The pain of being burned was still on his skin. It hurt even then, and still he just kept quiet about it. Because there was no way to dull the pain. Even in the snow, the cold water, it seared away at his soul, like burning embers in charcoal refusing to die out.

He steels himself from another set of sharp jagged waves of pain, as he shut the door behind him and forced himself upright and walked normally until he reached where his futon aid on the ground.

Kyojuro lays down on the futon, as he lights the lanterns around him before he goes and sets himself up on the soft, warm velvet cotton of the bed he was given, dragging the edge of the thick blanket over himself.

There were many questions to be answered. But rest was equally important as well. Clearing his mind, sorting through what had happened before, as well as sleep. If he could even sleep at all with the pain.

He closes his eyes.

A pair of hands close themselves around his throat. Cold, gentle, and promising nothing but pain and sweet despair, Kyojuro opens his eyes as he sees her.

She knelt on him, cloak thick, heavy as it draped over his body, and her arms, lined with a thin, transparent icy blue sleeve, ended in white claws which dug into his throat as she pressed her two thumbs into his windpipe. Her knees pressed down on his shoulders, rendering them numb and immobile as the pressure, combined with the cold, was enough to stop his blood circulation and pin him down like the heavy fall of snow in a snowstorm.

All of the lights were put out, and it was night outside.

Her hair tickles his cheek, as she leans down, her crimson red mask smelling strongly of blood as she brought her face closer to his. They are cold strands, just like freezing rain on his cheek, and he can't breathe because of her sheer weight on him.

He could have sworn it was day out.

Kyojuro stares into its eyes for the first time ever.

It reflects in them against the light grey of an icy snow flake, and in both eyes, the letters of....

'Upper Moon Three.'

No. No way. She purses her lips, as she leans down so close that he can feel her cold, cruel presence against his own skin.

Cold traps him in place, as his limbs freeze up and he can't even move. Fear races through his veins like frost spreading across the surface of a lake, slow and deliberate as it consumes him, and she herself lifts one hand from his throat and caresses his cheek with it.

He hates it.

She leans down to him as she holds his head down with her free hand, and moves to his neck, the edge of her mask sharp enough to cut him. Kyojuro grits his teeth, as he tries to raise a hand to move against her, to get out, to just get out of her cruel embrace. Somehow, amongst the racing adrenaline in his veins, the icy fear spreading through his limbs, and he numbing cold rendering him powerless, the demon smiles at his pain.

Before she sinks her teeth into his neck.

And Drinks.

Kyojuro closes his eyes as he tries to shake up the feelings of revulsion, disgust and pain as she pulls away from his neck, this time, she pulls out a silver cloth and neatly cleans the blood away from her lips, and she stares at him with eyes alight with a frigid delight, and each time he sees her eyes, the words in her eyes grow clearer and clearer.