5. So that's Dinner

Kat's p.o.v

  I left Eliot's bedroom as quick as possible. I didn't like the intense smell of strawberries anyways. I headed to my room. The light from the window was slowly fading. The once blue sky was starting to turn a dark gray. If dad didn't hurry home soon from work, he would become drenched in the soon to come rain.

  Where is dad anyways? I wondered, He should be home by now. I closed the bedroom door. I layed down the floor next to bed on the rough carpet. My hand reached under the bed. I moved it around until I found what j was looking for. Pulling it out from under the bed, I looked at the small wooden box. I sat back up and placed it on my lap.

  It isn't that big of a box. It's only really meant for holding small things, or important things, which it what I use it for. I slowly open the lid. Only things that i find important are in this box. When I look inside I found the exact thing I was looking for. The note. All C.Light left me was a note telling me I was welcome. I was but I was still stuck in this mystery to find out who this C.Light was.

  I stood up and fell back onto my bed. I held the note up to the light. The black ink would normally turned a strange lime green when I did this. Giving up on if anything new would happen to it I put it back into the box.

  There were other things inside the box besides just the note. There was a yellow ribbon from a coloring contest from kindergarten. Now being in 7th grade, I realized how stupid the contest was, but I still keep the ribbon. I saw a silver button on the bottom. I kept it in the box mainly because I thought it was pretty. I closed the lid of the box and slid it back under my bed.

  A sudden loud noise caused me to jump. There was a slam of a door and a crashing noise. Dad was home, but what was the crashing noise?

  "The hell?" I said out loud. I opened the door and walked to the kitchen to see what happened.

Eris's p.o.v

  Dinner was ready, and this asshole dicided to bring home fucking McDonald's. I dropped a plate when Aether opened the door.

  "I'm home!!" He shouted. A huge smile was plastered all over his face. A tan colored bag was hanging on his right arm, a black work bag was slung over his shoulder and 2 'Happy Meals' were in his left hand. He looked like a mess. The dropped the McDonald's food onto the kitchen table. "I brought dinner too honey!"

  I glared at him even harder. "Yes, you did."

  "What's wrong-" Aether paused, "Oh." He saw the food on the plates in the kitchen.

  "I specifically told you I was making dinner," I said pointing at the food," And you bring home that bullshit!"

  "Sorry..."

  I was on the verge of making him throw out the McDonald's, But then I noticed the kids in the hallway. They were both staring at both of us. Eliot had a pleading look in his eye. So did Kat

  "Mom?" Kat looked at me.

  "What Kat?" I tried to change the tone in my voice from pissed to neutral.

  "Can we please have McDonald's for dinner?"

  Great, now the kids are on his side. The kids were the only two things stopping me from beating the shit out of my husband. And dinner.

  "There is McDonald's for you too honey," Aether added in.

  I gave in.

"Fine," I sighed, "But you guys are having what I made for lunch tomorrow." They all nodded.

  Aether placed the "food" on the table.

Eliot's p.o.v

  I could hear mom grumbling to herself. I swear I heard her say something about "relationship problems" and a few cuss words too. Tonight I was planning on ruining dinner. Just for fun.

  We all sat down. Kat pounded both of her fists on the table. Grinning like a mad dog.

  But that wouldn't wor-

Dad and Kat for some reason made it seem like McDonald's was some sort of ritual. They would place out the food perfectly in front of them, and place utensils too, even though they never use them.

  I turned to look at mom. She was looking at the food in front of her, as if she expected it to move. I couldn't blame her. She was more of a cook-food-at-home, person. Dad got me the number 5. And he got Kat the number six.

  "Hold up!" Mom yelled. We all looked at her. She was looking at the wrapper on her burger. It wasn't a McDonald's wrapper. It was a Burger King one. We all turned to dad.

  "Well," his face had turned a bright red. "I know you don't like McDonald's so..."

  The table had gone silent. Then there was a giggling noise. We looked back at mom. She had a smile on her face.

  "I thought you were the one that said there was no Burger King in this house!" She laughed. Mom slammed her hand on the table.

  She started to laugh harder. Dad joined in. So was my sister. Soon enough, I realized I was laughing too.

  "Why did you get mom Burger King Dad?" I managed to ask after laughing for maybe more than five minutes.

  Dad was wheezing.

  "I know your-" *cough* "mom doesn't like McMcDonald's-" *cough* "So I got her Burger King!" Mom was smiling now. Admiration was shining all over her face.

  I turned to look at Kat. She had basicly just inhaled her entire burger. She was smiling and patting her stomach. A small burp escaped her mouth.

  "Excuse me!" She said.

  Now should I pull my trick? I wondered.

  "Hey mom, dad?" I asked, "How did you both meet?"