5 - Give In to Me

Start from the beginning

    “Na I didn’t think that,” he replied.  Jesse was always the more level headed of the bunch when he was sober… but if you gave that man alcohol and a guitar for Guitar Hero, watch out.  Kellin absentmindedly waltzed over and wrapped an arm around my waist, bringing me in for a kiss.

    Gabe let out an eww and Kellin gracefully flipped him off.

    “Get over it guys,” he said, “She’s my lady and I can kiss her if I want.”

    I liked the way that sounded.  I liked being his even if the way he spoke made me seem like more of an object than a person.  I didn’t care.  The fact that he had picked me was enough and honestly he could say just about anything when it came to me.  I wouldn’t mind as long as he was talking about me.

    “Come on lovebirds, let’s get going!  Those burgers aren’t going to eat themselves!” Jack called but I raised a brow and decided on a smartass remark.

    “Yeah but the bacteria will if you leave them waiting long enough!  It’s called ‘rotting’!” I replied mockingly and laughing at my own joke.  Jack glared at me and stuck his tongue out at me.

    “No one invited the smartass on board,” he said as we approached the white van.

    “Well then why the fuck is Justin on board?” I replied.  Jack rolled his eyes and let us in.  It was the first time that I wasn’t driving them somewhere and it was really odd to be in the backseat…but I was glad for it in a way.  I could join in on the fun rather than have to pay attention to the road.

    Today that was Jesse’s job.

    “Okay okay okay so this is Hannah’s first time in the back seat, we need to initiate her!” Justin cried, fist pumping the air.  I raised a brow and looked to Kellin, giving him a shy smile and the sticking my tongue out at the boys.

    “Hey hey hey, wait a minute, who drove your gay asses around town all the damn time hmm?” I replied but Justin just wagged his finger at me.

    “You drove, you haven’t been in the back seat!” he stated.  I rolled my eyes and sighed.

    “Fine what do I have to do?” I questioned, giving them the ‘I dare you to try me’ look. 

    Jack, Gabe, and Justin set about to figuring out something for me to do with their hands placed in a cliché fashion on their jaws.  They seemed to be having trouble coming up with something and all I could do was laugh at their insipidity.  They were the troublemakers and I knew whatever they came up with was not going to be for my benefit, but for their entertainment.  Kellin gave me an affectionate squeeze.

    “Don’t worry, won’t let them do something too drastic,” he whispered in my ear.

    “Show us your boobs!” Justin suggested and both Kellin and I gave him a look that made him rethink his suggestion.  He sighed and turned back to the other two boys who were both giving him the same expression.  I laughed softly and waited.

    “Alright then how about you let us put a mustache on your face with marker and you have to wear it til it comes off,” Gabe said and Kellin gave him a look.  I on the other hand didn’t really mind this form of torture.

    “Fine, I don’t care,” I said, “Bring it on, but make it a sexy mustache dammit, not a gay one.”  The troublemakers cackled with laughter.

    “You’re serious?” Jack asked and I shrugged, “You’re gonna let us put a mustache on you with marker?  You’ve got to be fucking kidding me!”