Chapter 4 ~ This isn't freedom, this is fear

Začať od začiatku

"Hey!" A guy behind me calls out.

I quickly spin and kick him square in the chest. I turn back to the other guy who pulls out a pocket knife. I manage to out best him and take the knife from his hand. I throw it at the other guy I kicked earlier and the knife lodges in his hand before he could set off the alarm. I then go over and kick him in the face before I continue clearing the deck. I jump over a railing and down to the level below me, taking out a group of guys. I think it's clear but then I hear a gun cock behind me.

"Bouge pas! Bouge pas." (Don't move! Don't move). The guy told me.

The guy is then shot dead and I turn to see Rumlow land behind me.

"Thanks," I tell him.

"Yeah. You seemed pretty helpless without me." He jokes as he unhooks his parachute.

I put my shield on my back once again as Nat lands beside me and picks up our conversation where we left off.

"What about the nurse that lives across the hall from you? She seems kind of nice." She asks me while we walk across the deck.

"Secure the engine room, then find me a date."

"I'm multitasking." She says before jumping over the railing to go to the engine room.

Everybody splits up, doing what they were told to do. I run across the deck and make my way to the upper level, close enough to plant a bug on the window of the control room where Batroc is. I then go to where I'm supposed to be and tap my earpiece until I find the correct station.

"Silence radio du SHIELD, Batroc." (Radio silence from SHIELD, Batroc). I hear one of the pirates say.

I tap my earpiece again to change the station back so I can hear the team to see if they're ready.

"STRIKE in position," Rumlow tells me.

"Natasha, what's your status?" I ask her but receive radio silence instead. "Status, Natasha."

"Hang on!" She shouts. A few moments of grunting, whimpers, and complaints later, she pants, "Engine room secure."

"On my mark," I say into my wrist com. "Three...two...one." I make my way to the control room where Batroc is in. I throw my shield through the window of the control room and climb inside. As soon as I land Batroc kicks me and bolts from the room. I get up and grab my shield before following after him.

"Hostages en route to extraction. Romanoff missed the rendezvous point, Cap." Rumlow informs me in the coms as I go down some stairs after Batroc. "Hostiles are still in play."

"Natasha, Batroc's on the move," I tell her in the com. "Circle back to Rumlow and protect the hostages." I get no response. "Natasha."

Just then Batroc tries to attack me with a jump kick but I put my shield up just in time and he hits it, causing me to roll backward. I get up, still blocking with my shield, and he kicks me down again. He then jumps up in the air and tries to land a spinning kick and I spread my legs open, so he wouldn't hit me, but he was really close though!

I try to get up once again, but he just keeps coming and I manage to roll behind him so he wouldn't corner me. He keeps attacking though and I keep blocking until I see an opening and push him back with my shield, causing him to fall to the ground. Batroc gets back up quickly and goes for another round. I block all of his punches and kicks and then manage to grab his shoulder and knee him in the stomach three times before throwing him behind me. Batroc flips and lands on his feet perfectly fine.

"Je croyais que tu étais plus qu'un bouclier." (I thought that you were more than just a shield). Batroc taunts me.

I put my shield on my back and unhook the latch on my helmet and take it off. "On va voir." (Let's see). I tell him and drop my helmet to the right of me.