Chapter 25 ~ Whiny murder bot

We all gear up, preparing to face Ultron. Dad, who is now in his suit, puts his shield on his back.

"I'll take Natasha, Clint, and (Y/n)," Dad says to Tony as he walks into the room we're in.

"Alright, strictly recon. I'll hit the NEXUS, I'll join you as soon as I can." Tony says as the three of us make our way to the front door.

"If Ultron is really building a body..."

"He'll be more powerful than any of us. Maybe all of us. An android designed by a robot." Tony says, cutting Dad off.

"You know I really miss the days when the weirdest thing science ever created was me."

"I'll drop Banner off at the tower. Do you mind if I borrow Ms. Hill?" Fury says as he comes up to us, putting on his black jacket.

"She's all yours, apparently," Tony says.

"What are you gonna do?" Dad asks Fury.

"I don't know. Something dramatic, I hope." Fury answers.

"As usual," I smirk.

Dad, Natasha, Clint, and I all head to the Quinjet outside and take off into the night sky. We all take this as a time to rest while we make our way to Korea. It takes a few hours but by the time we get there it's daybreak and we're all fully rested. Barton drops Dad and I off on the roof of the U-Gin Genetics Research Lab.

"Two minutes. Stay close." Dad tells Clint and Natasha through his com.

We make our way inside the research lab and eventually find an injured Dr. Cho on the floor.

"Doctor Cho!" Dad and I say in unison and run over to her.

We kneel beside her and Dad grabs a handkerchief on the table beside her and puts pressure on her wound.

"He's uploading himself into the body." Dr. Cho pants.

"Where?" Dad asks. He starts to get up to leave but she pulls him back down.

"The real power is inside the cradle. The gem, its power is uncontainable. You can't just blow it up. You have to get the cradle to Stark." She tells us.

"First we have to find it."

"Go."

We make our way out of the lab. I take off to the road to see what I can find. "Did you guys copy that?" I ask as I stop on a bridge and start looking around.

"We did," Clint says.

"I got a private jet taking off, across town, no manifest. That could be him." Natasha says.

Dad makes his way to where I am and stands beside me.

"There. It's the truck from the lab. Right above you, Cap and (Y/n). On the loop by the bridge. It's them. I got three with the cradle, one in the cab. I could take out the driver." Clint informs us.

"Negative! If that truck crashes, the gem could level the city. We need to draw out Ultron." Dad says.

We watch as the truck goes under the bridge we're on. Dad looks at me and I nod. We run across the bridge and jump on top of the truck below us. Dad and I make our way to the doors to get inside. He's on one side of the door and I'm on the other.

"LEAVE ME ALONE!" Ultron yells from inside the back of the truck and shoots a blast at the doors causing them to swing open with such force.

I try to hang on, but I get the wind knocked out of me as my back hits the side of the truck. I lose my grip and fall onto the ground and into oncoming traffic.