Ch.30 you're really something

Pernico ch.30

Nico's P.O.V

I opened my eyes and immediately felt a blush rise to my cheeks as thoughts of last night drifted into my mind. We kissed a few times, ate gelato, and most importantly got to know each other more. It was the best night of my life by far! I smiled as I thought of the boy waiting at breakfast for me. He really was the most amazing guy ever. I stretched before shimmying my way out of the cozy blankets. I shivered at the loss of heat before slipping on a sweater. I quickly swapped my black jeans for an identical pair before sliding on my shoes. On my way out the door I ran a hand through my hair to tame it. The door swung open and I took a deep breath in. It smelled strangely of peaches. I raised my eyebrow in confusion before I noticed the boy standing beside me. He had his arms crossed over his chest, leaning against my cabin with a mischievous smile on his face. I was a little shocked by his appearance, causing me to utter possibly the stupidest thing I've ever said.

"Do you smell them too?"

Percy scrunched his nose in confusion. "Smell who? You feeling okay?"

"I'm fine, but do you smell the peaches?" I asked.

"Peaches? Oh, I used peach shampoo when I washed my hair this morning. Connor stole it for me from the camp store. Do you like it?" He began to rub his arm awkwardly.

I leaned in really close and inhaled deeply. "Mmm. Smells like the peach pie my mother used to make." I smiled, which caused him to smile too.

"Good." He smirked before grabbing my hand and tugging me towards the pavilion. "Let's get some food, I'm hungry!" I chuckled at his remark.

"When aren't you?" I teased.

Percy lightly punched my arm. "Shut up. I'm a growing boy who needs to eat so he grows up big and strong!"

"How much bigger are you trying to get, you're already a walking skyscraper!" I looked up at him through my shaggy hair. I really need to get a haircut soon.

"I'm not a walking skyscraper, that's Jason!" He laughed as he pointed to the son of Zeus who had just exited his cabin. At the comment, he whipped around and sprinted towards us.

"What did you say about me?" He asked, a smirk ever present on his face.

"Nico called you a skyscraper!" Percy pointed at me.

I shook my head. "No I didn't! That was you!" I pointed back at him.

"Nu-uh. Pretty sure it was you." He made a facial expression that practically dripped with sass.
"Okay, okay. I'm a skyscraper, who cares?" Jason broke our argument. "By the way, I really do think those glasses suit you. You look so much more approachable now." He smiled as he messed up my hair.

I pushed his hand off my head. "Hey! I just fixed my hair!"

Jason laughed. "You're starting to sound like my girlfriend."

"Am not!" I retorted as I put my hand on my hip.

"Now you look like her too." He gestured to my hand. I immediately dropped my hand to my side and began to blush.

"Leave the poor boy alone, Jason." Percy punched his arm.

Jason grabbed his now bruised arm. "Ouch! What was that for?"

"That was for messing with my Nico." He huffed before tugging me towards The pavilion once again. I heard Jason's footsteps behind us as he sprinted to catch up.

"So, are you too dating now, or?" He questioned. I glanced to Percy and saw he was already looking at me. An awkward silence filled the air. I decided to be brave and break it.

"Well, he took me out on a date yesterday..." I trailed off.

Jason looked like he'd won the lottery. "Really? Where'd you guys go? Movies? To the beach? Oh my gods! I have to go tell Piper!" He scampered off to find his girlfriend. I don't think I'll ever understand him...

"Nico? Are we dating, because I really want to be your boyfriend, but I don't know whether or not you want to be mine, and-"

"Yes." I cut him off.

"Yes? You'll go out with me?" He smiled bigger than the grinch when his heart grew three sizes.

"Percy, I'll go anywhere with you as long as I can call you mine." I felt my smile widen at the thought of a future for us.

"Thank the gods!" Percy pulled me in close and wrapped his arms around me. I inhaled his peach shampoo and couldn't help but giggle. How did I ever manage to get such an amazing boyfriend? I felt Percy giggle too, and pretty soon we were both laughing so hard I felt pain in my stomach. Those kind of laughs are always the best. I took one more deep breath of his shampoo before pulling away. I looked into his eyes and saw such raw emotion that I quickly moved in and gave him a peck on the cheek. I hadn't even realized I'd done it until I pulled back.

"Nico, you're really something." Percy gripped my hand tight as we started, once again, for the pavilion. The short walk was comforting and silent, just how I liked it. When we finally made it there, Percy didn't let go of my hand as expected. Instead, he continued on walking until we reached the Hades table, where he promptly sat down. I shrugged before sliding in next to him. I asked my plate for some chicken noodle soup. I didn't ask for it because I needed comfort food, I asked for it because I wanted to show myself that I don't need it to comfort me anymore. I have all the comfort and support I'll ever need now. With Percy, I know I'll never have to be alone ever again.

----------------------------------------------

So, I hate to say this, but the ending of this book is coming up pretty quickly. I only have a few more chapters planned out and then it's done. :( it's been one of the best experiences of my life and I'm actually really sad that it's ending. I feel like I've gotten to know a lot of you by your comments, and I would just like to say a huge thank you. You guys got this fanfic to 27 thousand reads! That's so much more than I ever hoped of getting!

Anyways, this isn't the end yet, so I'll try not to dwell of that yet. Instead, let's talk about something that I've been meaning to say a while ago. As you may or may not know, I'm in grade eleven, and it's around this time in your life when everyone is forcing you to decide what you want to do with your life. So lately I've been doing a lot of thinking, and although I haven't come to a conclusion yet, I have thought up a few options. One of them is becoming a teacher to help show kids just how great books can be. Another option is becoming a writer. I have always had story ideas floating around my head, and I think I would be able to write some of them down someday. Anyways, what I'm trying to say, is that I wouldn't have any idea of what to do without you guys. It's because of your support that I even considered doing something with books. So once again, thank you. You guys really doeN the world to me. :)

Question: what do you want to be when you grow up? If you don't know, that's totally fine.

-Tianne :)