32 - Big News

Sana had sent for Mina, sending Momo and a few guards with her to retrieve her mate. She wished she could go back and finish college, but she had to stay now. She waited all day for her mate, and when she finally arrived, she was beyond happy.

"Minguin!" Sana smiled, wrapping her in tight hug. "Why are you wearing a jacket? Aren't you hot?" She frowned. Mina shrugged, holding her mate closer. "How was the trip up?" She asked.

"Fine." Mina shrugged again, unzipping the jacket and hanging it off the chair. She turned to face Sana again, seeing her looking down at her phone.

"I was thinking maybe we can go out to eat tonight. Momo is helping with the children training again, so we would have to cook something." Sana shrugged.

"Can't we stay in? Order food?" Mina pouted. Sana looked up from her phone, her eyes landed on Mina's little bump. Mina tried to hide her smile by biting her lip, watching her reaction.

"You... Wha... Pups?" She finally spat out. Mina nodded, watching her face go from confused to excited. "Pups! I'm gonna have pups! Well you are but we're going to be parents!" Sana squealed. "Oh.. oh.." she stopped her happiness, frowning. "We're gonna be parents..." She whispered.

"Are you going to be okay?" Mina frowned at her. Sana nodded, sitting down on the couch in her office. She ran her hand through her hair, everything hitting her head on like a truck... "What are you thinking about?" She frowned.

"Our kid's future..." Sana whispered.

"We raise it together right?" She asked, sitting next to her mate. Sana shook her head, she desperately wanted that more than anything. She wanted to see her child grow up like a normal person, not like how she did. She didn't know her own parents, she only knew her sister... It was all she knew...

"If you stay here... And we raise the pup here... As soon as the kid becomes school age... We say goodbye..." Sana explained. "But if you have the pup literally anywhere else we can raise it... Watch them grow up." She smiled at the thought. "But I can't leave..." She frowned.

"Then... Maybe change the laws?" Mina whispered. "I'm sure others will agree to them. Momo would be behind you the whole way. You know how she feels about the old tradition."

"This place has never changed... Traditions dating back as far as we can go. This is what the pack does..." She frowned. She knew it would be hard to change their minds. Everyone was so set in their ways... "And the children that are training now?" She added. "What of them?" She asked.

"What is the oldest age right now?" Mina asked.

"Eleven?" Sana guessed.

"Still young enough to remember their parents." She smiled. "You could reunite families. Those who miss their parents dearly. Parents who hate the law but abide by it because of old tradition." Mina whispered. "That way we can see our pup grow up." She smiled. "And when you become all old and wrinkly, open it up again, those who pass the specific tests can be trained, then those who reach the top of training, then they can take your spot. Instead of training the children from school age." She suggested. Sana nodded, looking down at the floor instead of her mate.

"Why is it I'm in charge... And you're the one coming up with all of the great ideas?" She asked.

"Because I'm just as smart as you, maybe smarter." Mina winked.

"NO." Momo gasped. Mina laughed at her reaction, practically falling out of her seat from laughing so hard. Sana nodded her head, watching her sister freak out. "I'm going to be an aunt!" She shouted. "I hope the pup looks like Mina. She's got the good looks." She smirked. Sana threw a pillow at her, a small growl escaping.

"Stop, Sana is beautiful." Mina chuckled.

"Thank you. But Momo is right, you are more beautiful." Sana smiled.

"Stop being greasy, you already mated her and got her pregnant." Momo gagged, throwing the same pillow at Sana. "Have you told your parents?" She asked Mina.

"Not yet. I will though." She sighed. "I haven't been staying at home because I'm terrified." She frowned. Sana perked up at her words, looking at her mate.

"Why? Who hurt you. I'll kill them." Sana growled.

"No one hurt me... You saw how my dad reacted when you had mated me..." Mina frowned. "He'll have a stroke." She whispered.

"At least your mated and it's not like Sana is going to run off." Momo mumbled.

"She's right, I won't." Sana chuckled. The omega nodded, understanding what they were saying, but she still couldn't figure out why she was terrified to tell the people who raised her as their own that she was going to have pups.

That night Mina tossed and turned, deciding to give up on attempting to sleep and left the bedroom. She wandered out to the living room seeing Momo passed out with the tv on and empty food containers still on the table from their little talk. She shook her head at the sight, walking passed her and grabbed one of the blankets from the couch. She made her way out to the balcony, wrapping herself in the blanket before settling down in one of the chairs. She looked up at the night sky, feeling a sense of calm finally wash over her.

"Can't sleep?" Mina looked up, seeing Sana walk out with her.

"Did I wake you up?" Mina frowned. She shook her head, sitting next to her mate. "No.. I think I'm overwhelmed." She sighed. Sana looked at her mate, seeing the worry in her eyes. "I feel like everything is right.. But... We're so young... You're still figuring out being a pack leader... I didn't finish college..." She sighed. "Everything seems so overwhelming right now." She whispered.

Sana wanted to take all of her troubles and take them from her, but she knew she couldn't. She had to help her figure them out and work through them with her. That's what they did. They took their troubles and shared the burden together...

"Well... By the time this pup gets here... We'll be on our own." Sana started. "I'll be over a year into being a pack leader... Giving me a bit more experience.." She shrugged. "Everything else.. We can work through together. You can still go to school now, right?" Sana asked.

"By the time the new semester starts.. I'll be huge." Mina chuckled. "I'd rather not."

"Why not open a bakery here? You worked your aunt's really well before college back home." Sana suggested. "All it takes is a few signed papers from yours truly." She smirked.

"You would do that for me?" Mina asked.

"I can see what I can do." She smiled.