Facing Your Demons II/II

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Sam’s soul has been locked in the cage with Michael and Lucifer for more than a year. And they have nothing to do but take their frustrations out on him. You understand? If we try to force that mutilated thing down Sam’s gullet, we have no idea what will happen. It could be catastrophic."

"You mean he dies..." Dean suggested.

Cas shook his head. "I mean, he doesn’t. Paralysis. Insanity. Psychic pain so profound that he’s locked inside himself for the rest of his life."

"But you’re saying you don’t know anything for sure. I mean, he could be fine." I said, getting up from the table and approaching anxiously.

"He could be, yes."

"Okay then." Dean said, satisfied.

"But I sincerely doubt it," Cas continued.

" Well, if he’s not fine, then you fix him."

" Dean... I wouldn’t know where to begin."

" Then you figure it out, Cas. Come on," Dean replied, getting bitter with the negativity, "I mean, the guy’s a frigging replicant. He needs his soul. Look, we get it back. And if there are complications, then we will figure out a way to deal with those, too."

"Of course...or Sam suffers horrifically..."

It was my turn to say something.
"He's already suffering, Cas. The real Sam is still in the cage." I said, touching his chest and looking up at him encouragingly, "no matter what happens to him up here, we cant let him stay down there. What if it was me? "

His resolve trembled at that, and I knew I'd won.
"I'd do everything I could..." he muttered sadly.

☆☆☆☆☆

It was finally time to meet Meg and her goons outside Crowley's fortress, in the middle of the night.

I was instantly on edge, the darkness coming off the demons making me uneasy. Meg in particular disturbed me the way she analyzed everything with that dark, sultry stare.

She grinned playfully when she laid eyes on Castiel, upsetting me further.
"Remember me? I sure remember you, Clarence. "

Cas looked away, annoyed.
"Why are we working with these abominations?"

"Keep talking dirty, " she said, "makes my meat suit all dewy."

I made a step towards her involuntarily,  caught casually by both Sam and Cas and stopped before I made a scene.

"Alright simmer down," Dean ordered us. "Crowley's inside, so let's get this over with."

"Great, see you later." Meg said and turned to leave us. Sam snatched her arm.

"We're all going together. " he said.

"What, I'm supposed to trust you?"

"No, you're not that stupid. Now give me the knife for a minute."

"No I'm not that stupid."

"You want our help or not?"

She rolled her eyes and reluctantly handed it to him. Almost instantly Sam jammed the thing into one of the demons alongside her, dropping him dead.
"You saw him, he was more interested in killing us than getting the job done. I just did us all a favor." was his defense to our looks of disbelief.