A Bullet is the Key

Mulai dari awal

“Get out!” Ryder screamed at the figure and they just stood there not blinking as they looked down upon us. A smirk traveled its way onto the attackers face, I wondered how they had gotten in here when I locked the front door.

“You need to leave!” Ryder was still covering me with his body fear shook through mine as I saw the attacker take off the safety and cock the gun before they pulled the trigger.

Bang!!

My ears rang from the shot my heart racing in my throat. I could feel my empty stomach wanting to empty itself all over the place. The blaring sound still sounded in my ears cutting off part of my vision as it sounded so close to my head. Though the reality settled in and I felt Ryder’s heavy body land soundlessly on top of me crushing the remaining air in my lungs.

“Ryder!” I screamed and cried, the attacker just laughed and laughed as they readied the gun again this time aiming it at my head. I could feel Ryder’s blood soaking through the t-shirt I wore, the feeling bringing dread through my mind he was gone and I was next. Lifting a hand to my face I saw the bright shining blood covering it the color darker than I thought it would be.

“Bye Emmabell” the familiar voice snarled before pulling the trigger sending the bullet straight through my head... I awoke with a start causing my body to jerk upwards. Sweat trickled down my forehead and covered my body in a chill. Inhaling sharply I tried to catch my racing breath as well as calm my stampeding heart. Turning slowly I saw Ryder sound asleep next to me his chest rising and falling in a soothing manner. Relief swept through me glancing beside me I saw I had no missed calls expect the text from my mom saying I love you as I finally checked it. I looked at the time to see we slept pretty much the whole day after waking up when Chrissie came over and was banging on the door. With a sigh I flopped back down realizing that Bobby never called. Gazing at the boy beside me as he laid still breathing and alive brought tears to my eyes because that nightmare had felt so real, my heart ached at the thought of losing him. He didn’t move or budge from the jerking of my body upwards form the nightmare. It felt so real, the shirt clung to my chest from the sweat that covered me in a light sheen.

“That scared me,” I mumbled as I brought my knees to my chest under the sheets and laid my head on top of them, my gaze was stuck on Ryder. This boy was amazing and so many people didn’t see that, I sighed as I watched him sleep. I know it seems creepy but right now I needed to know he wasn’t a dream or dead. The thought of Ryder dead, lying on top of me covered in blood and as cold as ice tortured my soul. My hair fell in waves against my legs, my arms holding my knees close to my chest.

Ping…

Moving my head to the other side I watched the screen on my phone light up showing me that I had just received a text. Slowly I leaned over and grabbed the phone from the side table before leaning my back against the headboard. Silently I slide the phone unlocked to see a text from one of the unknown numbers that has been contacting me.

Unknown number 1: Want to know what happened that day?

Me: What do you mean?

Unknown number 1: You have unanswered questions and I will tell you what you want to know.

I looked at my phone in confusion, how did this person know I wanted answers? A small grunt came from my left and I turned over to see that Ryder rolled over his back facing me. His back was sculpted and his muscles well defined. Reaching slowly I ran my finger down his spine and his muscles tensed before relaxing under my touch. A smile flashed onto my face as I was happy in this moment.

Ping…

Returning my attention back to the phone in my hand I saw they had messaged me again.