001 BEWARE THE BEAST FROM BELOW

The group of teens and their dog high fived, celebrating the newly solved mystery. Lydia Jackson smiled as she gave extra high fives around before crouching down to pet Scooby-Doo's head, getting a lick on the side of her face in response before she stood back up, "Another mystery bites the dust!" Velma Dinkley smiled, crossing her arms proudly, Fred Jones giving a thumbs up, "Way to go, gang!"

    Daphne Blake clasped her hands together, closing her eyes as she smiled, "Let's celebrate!" The gang turned to leave, but were stopped as the door to the jail cell was slammed shut, Sheriff Bronson Stone looking smug while also glaring at the gang staring at them from the other side. "Better idea."

    "Aw, come on, sheriff..." Fred sighed, shoulders dropping a bit as the rest of the gang returned the annoyed glare. "Just cork it, you see this badge? Know why it's here?" The sheriff asked, pointing aggressively at the star on his chest with a smirk.

    Lydia leaned against the bars of the cell, tiredly staring at him, "You're the mayor's favorite Crystal Coveian- Coveite... Cover?" She trailed off, making herself confused before shaking her head, "You're the mayor's favorite and only one he'll hire?" "The badge came with the shirt?" Velma added, crossing her arms and narrowing her eyes.

    "It's here," Sheriff Stone glared, "Because if there's a crime, I solve it." He pointed a thumb at himself before turning to leave, pausing at the door to cockily smile back at the gang. "Oh, and by the way, I've called all your parents, who, by now, I have on speed dial." He laughed, "Oh man, are you in trouble. Especially you, Fred. Say hi to dad, the mayor." With that, he slammed the door shut behind him, laughing to himself.

    The gang went to get comfortable in the cell, Lydia sitting on the bench of the cell as Daphne joined her, arms crossed. "Just once it would be nice if someone thanked us for solving a mystery." She sighed, wrapping an arm around Lydia as she leaned her head on the redhead's shoulder.

    "Well, good thing we're not in this to be liked." Fred mumbled, mostly to himself, before he looked over at his friends, who sent him small annoyed glares, making him smile bashfully, "Maybe that didn't come out quite right..."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓ ❔ ┏━━━━━━━━━━━━

Lydia sighed, leaning on the counter as she watched people walk around the theatre. It was mainly couples that came to watch movies at these times, or small families with sick kids. Sheriff Bronson Stone had to drive her to the theatre since her mother was too busy, just another reason for him to dislike her more. "Oh cheer up, Lydia. I get you aren't a fan of these before school shifts but it always helps." She glanced up to look at her boss, Derek Johnson. "Your shift is done now anyway, you can head out now." He motioned to the door just as the Mystery Machine pulled up in front of the theatre doors.

Sure, she had the job, but she was never there often thanks to the gang and solving mysteries, Lydia found it a miracle she hadn't been fired yet. "See you later." She waved, grabbing her bag from the ground behind the ticket counter, hopping over the counter and taking her work hat off, setting it down.

They worked at the Jupiter Theatre, the one theatre in town. "Good luck with the Monday rush that's absolutely gonna happen." She called over her shoulder, ignoring her boss complaining after her. The back to the Mystery Machine opened up, Velma and Shaggy offering her smiles as she climbed in, sitting across from Shaggy but beside Velma. "Interesting seating arrangements." She commented, not noticing the nervous look her foodie friend sent the bookworm who only rolled her eyes.

"Like, how was work, Lyds?" Shaggy asked as Scooby turned around from the front seat beside Daphne to lick the side of her face in greeting. She glanced over at him, a bored look on her face, "Slow, like every Monday, until another big-time movie franchise releases it's next movie." She shrugged, bringing a hand up to pet Scooby. Her job at the theatre was how she met the gang, first meeting Shaggy Rogers and Scooby-Doo when they came for a VIncent Van Ghoul movie marathon, the three of them quite literally being the only ones in the theatre, so of course they started talking about their favorite movies by the amazing actor. Lydia's favorite was The Opaque Man.