010 HOWL OF THE FRIGHT HOUND

Lydia picked at her nails as Daphne talked to her about an upcoming test, though she barely paid attention. "Like, this has been the most boring day of school in. . . ever!" Shaggy piped up. Everyone sat outside the high school, on the steps that overlooked the parking lot. "Can't we go somewhere? Nothing important is happening." She agreed, glancing over at him. "We should go to the Clam Cabin-" Shaggy was cut off with a loud screeching sound, everyone jumping to see a large robot spider walking around the cars. It jumped and landed in an open parking spot before continuing to walk, one pincer scraping the paint of a green car.

"Dude! My paint job!" Ethan, one boy on the soccer team, cried, before looking annoyed. The spider proceeded to bend a yellow car's antenna while walking past. Gary, another boy on the soccer team, shouted in alarm before rushing to straighten it out. "My Chucky the Chipmunk educational antenna ball. . ." He whined, shoulders dropping as Ethan patted his back.

The gang all stood up, ready to either run or jump into a new mystery. "What is that thing?" Daphne asked, Fred grinning excitedly, "It's a mystery, Daphne! And the only thing that'll stop a mystery is a trap!" He clasped his hands together as the spider came to stop in front of them. A obese orange haired boy came walking up beside it, holding a remote while laughing.

"That, or an ingeniously fashioned remote control!" He kept laughing, turning to look at the students in the parking lot, "Look, Velma! All those jocks and populars cower when faced with my mechanical menace! Who's in charge now, jocks and populars?" Both jocks, Gary and Ethan, stomped over, giving the kid a wedgie before pushing him to the ground. "We are!"

The two jocks glared down at him, "You're buyin' me a new paint job!" Ethan pointed at him before they both walked away. The boy stood up, looking at Velma excitedly, "A small price to pay! Eh, Velma?"

Daphne lightly grabbed the brunette's arm, "Velma. . ." She leaned over, whispering slightly, "Do you know this boy?" The kid laughed again, adjusting his thick framed glasses, "Know me? Why, she's talked to me! And, she's a girl who isn't my mother!!" Velma just groaned a bit, ending with a sigh, "Everyone. . . this is Jason." She introduced him.

He looked excited, nodding, "We were in the Junior Robotics Club together! As in, Velma and Jason. Together." He put emphasis on together, making Velma cringe, "Listen, Jason-" "We used the same toolbox! And, once, she touched my knuckle!" Jason continued to ramble, smiling. "Seriously, Jason. Can you please-" "-Hang out with you and all your friends?" He snapped his fingers, nodding, "Oh, snap, girl! I second that emotion!"

"Jason, see, the thing is. . . Oy. . ." Velma grumbled, glancing at the rest of the gang in a 'please help' look. "Just tell him you're already committed your heart to a very special someone." Daphne offered, whispering before Lydia groaned, grabbing Velma and Daphne's wrists, "Sorry, Jason, we're all really busy with. . ." "Super important Mystery Incorporated stuff!" Shaggy piped in, taking the lead in walking past the nerd. As the gang passed, Jason huffed angrily.

"Thanks for the help, guys. . ." Velma sighed, shoulders dropping in relief. "No problem, Velm." Lydia let go of both girls' wrists, patting her shoulder before walking ahead, "To be honest, Scoob and I are just starved! I wanted to get out of here so we could go eat." Shaggy replied honestly.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓ ❔ ┏━━━━━━━━━━━━

It was nearing ten pm when the gang pulled up to one of the Spook Museum tour buses. Two police cruises and an ambulance were on the scene, lights flashing as people were helped. "Jinkies! Look at that tour bus!" Velma gasped, everyone leaning toward her side of the van to stare at the scene. "What happened to it?" Daphne asked. Fred parked the van, letting everyone get out, "Something. . . mysterious!"