"I am simply trying to save you face Edmond. you have been marked in history as a barbaric and cruel man. I don't wish to make a fool out of you."

"Alvis you spent far more time studying books then swordsmanship."

"oh no I studied at the foot of king crane himself the best swordsmen in the monarchy." Alvis looks up to Edmond as he whispers.

"until you murdered him."

Edmond smiles down as he whispers.

"I guess he got bested." Alvis smirks back staring down Edmond keeping his cool.

"guess so." A loud bang erupts and cheers ring out as the queen walks out and sits on her throne. she stares forward silently and Ruck bends over whispering in her ear.

"you will have to announce their battle-"

"the announcer will do it." She stares forward whispering to herself and Ruck stares his sister over sadly as he motions to the announcer who steps up yelling.

"all hear, all hear! today the final battle for the Galvin monarch commences. the winner of this battle has the right to claim."

the announcer steps back and Edmond motions to Alvis.

"you first as a show of respect." Alvis slowly takes out his blade and Edmond glances it over and whispers.

"a crane blade?"

"The sting is sharper..." Alvis smiles and holds out the blade examining it as Edmond slowly takes his out and Alvis runs his eyes over it.

"that..." Alvis comments staring the blade over and eyes over the craftsmanship and whispers.

"a shaw blade?"

"use to be the finest craftsmen in this monarchy till the demilitarization ordered by the Galvins."

"how?"

"their crafting still exists Alvis. I paid a hefty amount to have this blade completed by this battle but worth its gold."

A man steps out examining the blades running his gloved hands over it and motions to Edmond who hands it over. the man runs his eyes over it and whispers.

"fascinating I have never seen such a blade before?" the man bows his head and asks.

"who was its maker?"

"a shaw who wishes to remain anonymous."

"too bad such craftsmanship I would love to discuss a future contract for such a fine weapon." the man motions to Alvis who eyes the blade and nods his head agreeing.

"indeed but the monarch always goes to the Crane's. it is the way-"

"yes well the O'Sullivans continue to show respect for the old ways and Shaw's will always provide the best."

the man examining the blade shakes his head agreeing with Edmond.

"I cannot deny Lord Glavin that Edmond has the finer blade today, less age, finer steel and handcrafted no less..." 

the man runs his gloved hand over the blade and eyes the name O'Sullivan engraved on the sword as the man glances up.

"even has your name on it." the man grins at king Edmond and motions to them.

"my inspection is complete both blades pass and there doesn't seem to be any unwelcome technology to them." 

 "of course not." Alvis nods to the man and the man bows his head and steps back away from the two men. the queen leans forward and Ruck asks. 

"when?"

"Let them fight. I want to see the look on Alvis's face."

Archibald shifts in the audience but hears a voice soft next to him,

"May I sit?" he glances up at Sallione Crane and his jaw hangs loose as he eyes over his old lover and nods to the free chair next to him.

"of course princess-"

"Queen." she sits firmly in the chair and eyes the battle as Alvis tries to strike Edmond but Edmond blocks and Sallione whispers.

"I hear you married." she shifts her eyes over her old lover and shifts them back to the audience as she asks.

"any children?"

"not yet but heirs will come soon."

"I am sure they will lord Archibald."

"Archer." he shifts his eyes over the woman and she grins to him as she hears the crowd around her scream. she shifts her eyes seeing Edmond on the ground and leans forward intrigued as Alvis tries to plunge his blade into the man but Edmond kicks his leg . Sallione sighs and asks Archibald. 

"is he still ill?"

"yes." Archibald states voice shaking and Sallione sighs as she reaches out gripping the man's hand comforting him as she whispers.

"he is strong." she comforts Archibald gripping his hand firmly as she hears someone in the crowd scream.

"kill him Galvin, kill him!"

Archibald shifts staring up to the man who sits afraid of the look the king gave him.   Edmond pushes back and Alvis raises his blade smiling as he whispers.

"submit or I will jam my blade into your flesh." Edmond breaths out but kicks Alvis's hard sending him to the dirt. Edmond crawls forward gripping Alvis's blade and presses it to his chin as he whispers.

"Why don't you Galvin?"

Edmond hears ringing in his ears and shakes his head whispering.

"What is this?"

"percussions friend." Alvis grins to himself and kicks the man's leg sending him back to the dirt and gets on top of him whispering.

"you are way too weak, too sick but I have never been stronger." Alvis flinches feeling a blade driven into his back and feels it lightly pierce his skin as his shield flickers. he feels the pain pulsate through his body and falls to the side in agony from the shock. he breaths out feeling the air in his lungs choke and stares up to Ruck who smiles to him as he whispers to Alvis.

"right to rule, brother."

Ruck raises his blade to the crowd and announces loudly making sure the monarchy hears him as he speaks firm. 

"I have, right to rule!"

Archibald leans forward intrigued as he asks.

"who the hell is that?"