Chapter 1: Brick Red

I woke up, same as I had before we moved, by rolling out of bed and unplugging my annoying alarm. I looked around the room at the still, unpacked boxes. I stretched my arms and rubbed the sleep from my eyes. I finally got up knowing that my parents would yell at me if I went back to sleep. I maneuvered myself through the cluttered bedroom and made it to the bathroom.

I turned on the shower and let the water engulf me. As I washed my hair my mind drifted to the impending school day. Today will be my time to shine and become the most popular girl in school, but I knew that it would be the same as it had been at my old school. Blending in, being a loner. I would rather read, write, and worry about fake people than deal with any of my own problems. I guess that's just the average life of a fangirl.

I grabbed a towel off the hook and wrapped it around my body. I sat on my bed and opened my computer, reading through some comments on fanfics that I wrote. My newest one was johnlock , tons of people shipped them so I kind of expected the feedback. I laughed at some and replied to most. Haha, these people are insane, I'm scared. I had pretty average writing skills, but people really loved the dirty smut scenes I put in.

I decided I was dry enough so I threw on a white long sleeved crop top, a black skater skirt, and black leggings over my underwear. I did my makeup how I did it everyday, foundation, blush, and mascara. Wouldn't want anyone getting the idea that I try really hard for people to like me. I sat down on my stool and twisted a straightening iron through my hair; curling it. I should stop lying to myself.

I walked downstairs and saw my mum giving me a worried look.

"I'll be fine, don't worry mum; I'll make plenty of friends." I smiled 

She sighed the sigh only a worried mother can sigh "I love you, have a good first day."

I put our new house behind me, hoping that I would remember where I live on my walk home. I ate an apple and put my music on full blast throughout the walk until I saw the brick walls of Blossoming Heights Perpetuary. "You can do this Lenix. This time it'll be better," I whispered as I forced myself to move my feet. I had begun to shake slightly because of the nervousness.

At the last minute I gave in and threw on some lipstick, trying my hardest to keep my shaky hand at bay. I took out my phone and painted my lips a bright red, which stood out compared to my white and black outfit.

I gave myself one last overview in my phones' front camera. My dark brown hair was curled slightly from this morning, well, curled as much as you could curl a pixie cut. My eyes, which are my favorite feature, are gold and looked nice and simple with the mascara I used. I decided I looked great because positivity! I also decided that I should make my New Years Resolution to be less vain.

Once I arrived at the school I noticed there was a long line of people waiting to get their new schedules. I got in the line marked V-Z since my last name was Wellings. I watched as some people, who are probably the popular kids, walk straight to the front of the line without caring. What a bunch of dicks, I thought as some stereotypical jock-looking guy walked past me.

After about 20 minutes of waiting I got my schedule, which consisted of all the normal classes your average high school sophomore should have. History, geometry, gym (ugh), french, lunch, english, chemistry, and last is my obvious favorite; art. I took a picture and set it as my home screen so I wouldn't look like a dweeb, staring at my schedule all day. Alright, now how do I find C327?

I somehow managed to find my history class before the bell rang. Everyone stared as I walked in. I sighed, of course they're going to stare at the new girl. This was going to be a long day.