"I like being taller than you."

I chuckled and put the vest back on the hanger. I looked at him again and giggled when I noticed him trying to undo the laces of his pants.

"I just slipped these on, so I thought maybe I could slip them off, but they barely go down."

"You're helpless," I said, grabbing his laces. I got them undone halfway, but my hand stopped as they got closer to his hips. "Nope, you have to do the rest."

I put the clothes back on the hanger and handed him the costume. His smile was worth it all. I just hoped I wouldn't grow so that I could wear it next year.

I walked down the stairs with him and watched him struggle to grab his shoes.

"Thank you so much, buddy," He said. I just smiled at him and watched as he opened the front door. I was about to close it behind him when he poked his head back through and pecked my cheek. He chuckled and closed the door.

All I could do was place my hand on my cheek. It was burning. He just kissed me. I shook my head and braced myself against the wall. He just kissed me. Suddenly I heard someone cough behind me. It was my mother.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

"Ha, yeah, I'm good."

She stared at me as I stumbled back up the stairs. Evan kissed me. Why could I not get over that? I mean, it was obviously just a thank you peck on the cheek. Right? I slammed my face down on my bed and screamed into my pillow. My phone buzzed in my pocket.

Thanks again for the costume!

If only he knew what he just did to me.

----------------------------------

"Good day, milord," A woman said to me as we entered the festival. She slung her arm around me and her pushed up bosom pressed against my shoulder. "'Tis a glorious day to visit his majesty's kingdom, is it not?"

"Yes, thank you," I whispered, pushing myself out of her grasp. Her breasts jiggled as she walked to another person.

Evan patted my back. ""Tis a glorious day, is it not?"

"Piss off."

"That is no way to greet a mighty ranger."

"Actually, that is how people usually treated people like you."

"Wow, ouch."

"Whoa! Look at that!" In front of us stood a massive sword shop with every kind of sword that you could imagine. I longed to hold a saber.

"It's eighteen plus, Mel."

"You look eighteen, Evan, you should hold one."

"Dude, no I do not look like an eighteen-year-old."

"Try."

"No."

We hesitantly stepped into the swordsmith. No one yelled at us, but as soon as I started to pull a beautiful saber from the rack, a man with a bushy red beard screamed, "Drop it young sire. You may not hold that. Your guardian may hold it though." The man was pointing to Evan. I was right; he did look older than he was.

"Oh, um, I'm..."

"He would love to hold one," I interrupted moving his hands towards the saber I was going to pick up.