Chp. 7

A/n: I'm actually makin another book you can check out if you're into Samurai Jack

●|●|●|●|●|●|●|●|●|●|●|●|●

Age: 13

Dinner was quiet.

She preferred it that way as she grew a liking to being alone and quiet.

It was only her and her aunt who were eating a bland tomato lentil soup straight from the can. Her aunt barely bothered to cook. The little girl is currently living with her aunt and her husband after that huge fight with her mom and dad. Gloria is her father's little sister younger by 3 years. The young girl has never heard from or even seen her aunt as her father and sister had a strained relationship. They never got along which turned into a silent relationship later on. They never really had any connection or affection between them.

Hence why her father never mentioned his sister as he saw no point in mentioning her if she won't even talk to him. But after the fight between her mother and father and the neighbor's testimony of recent domestic disputes occurring yearly the court decided that the little girl was in an unsafe environment and removed her from both parents. They were tested to be unfit to raise her so they moved her to the closes relative she had. Her mother was an only child as for her father he had one sister and one older brother who killed himself while she was still a baby.

So they moved her to the countryside where her aunt and her husband lived. Both parents were in jail as of now for domestic abuse, child endangerment, and assault on a cop. They were currently serving 5 to 8 years with parol but losing custody of their daughter until they are seen as fit parents to take care of her again.

This doesn't mean that the girl is in a better place. She hated this place, even more, she couldn't leave. Being in the countryside meant a different school as they were too far from her previous school. They choose to home-school her by giving her a private tutor who was the brother of her aunt's husband. He was a retired psychologist and a professor who agreed to help but he was annoying as hell. He wouldn't stop psycho-analyzing her constantly when she would stay quiet.

She's not even allowed to go outside for more than 10 minutes. Her aunt would not have any neighbors or close friends finding out she's settling down and choosing to raise the child. Even though she's only there to collect money from childcare to have the girl under her roof. Gloria is known to be a party girl and doesn't want her image to be tainted by a worthless brat.

This whole place is a hell hole. Her husband, Ryan, was such a pedophile, it was quite obvious showing that he was 10 years older than his wife. Plus Gloria's childlike personality and recklessness is the most strangest thing to find attractive or hot. Ryan was not here currently as he was out gabbling his ass off. He was the pure definition of a town drunk. He had an obvious beer belly, smells of whiskey or beer, and always seemed to be stumbling side to side all the time.

The little girl sighs in irritation as Alfie is not with her at the moment. Her aunt threatened her that if she saw that toy anywhere near the dinner table she'd rip it apart and throw it down the garbage disposal.  So to keep her mouth shut and her friend protected she leaves him in her room. The cold soup is going mushy as Ryan refuses to turn on the heater saying that it's warm enough inside. Looking over towards her aunt she sees even she refuses to eat the mushy grey-red pool in front of her.

"Fuck you Ryan this is barely even food." She mumbled before standing up.

"You're done eating fatty," Gloria remarked before grabbing her niece's still-full bowl.