Prolouge

A/n: Recleaned and reedited. Finally crawled out of my hole.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Age : 6

"Open your present sweetie!!!"

           A father with (h/c) stared adoringly with warm green-brown eyes at her small daughter with similar hair but different eyes, though they were similar they were brighter than her mother's. With the burst of excitement once hearing those words did the girl open her wrapped-up gift given to her on Christmas Eve. Tearing away the red white and green striped wrapping paper the little girl uncovers a tapped-up brown box.

                Looking up towards her father, who nods in continuation, she looks back and opens up the box, the tape not secure enough to be a struggle for the little girl. Opening the flaps she gasps finding a stuffed plush giraffe as big as her torso. Grabbing the animal with delight she wraps her arms around the giraffe and hugs and cuddles the gift feeling overwhelming comfort and joy.

             The door opens in the living room where both daughter and father sit around the colorful Christmas tree. Looking towards the door they find a woman with long straight black hair and (e/c) eyes looking towards the two by the tree. Seeing the woman at the door the girl jumps up and starts running toward her mother.

"Momma! Momma! Momma! You're home you're home! Look at what Santa left me under the tree! Look look!-" the little girl cut herself off once reading the upset yet irritated look on her mother's face.

            Her mother looks down at her and plasters a sweet smile for her daughter. Seeing as her daughter was still clutching the stuffed animal in her small arms. Yet not missing the irritated tired look the father has in his eyes before looking down at her little girl.

"Oh wow honey! He looks so cute! I'm glad Santa got you a little friend to spend time with." Glancing above the girl there is a slight shine of anger in her eyes before it goes away when looking back at her daughter.

"Why don't you and your little friend go to your room and have a little sleepover? After all, you must be tired huh?"

"Oh okay, momma! Goodnight." The little girl smiled still pretending to not know what was going on in the room while also faking a tired voice and runs towards the hallway to her room.

           Going to her room she shuts the door and waits for a few seconds before putting her ear to the door. Hearing muffled voices behind the door the curious girl peeked the door open to see what was going on.

"What the hell is she doing still up?! It's past her bedtime!"

She recognized this as her mother's voice.

"Well 'momma' we were waiting for you since you said you'd be here going out to spend quality time with your only daughter today."

Obviously, this was her fathers voice.

"Don't pull that shit with me Greg! I should be also asking you why are you letting her open presents a few days before Christmas?!"

"Are you that isolated Joanna?! It's literally Christmas Eve and within 10 minutes it will be Christmas! What was I supposed to do with a 6-year-old that refused to go to bed and was crying for her momma?"

"Oh so you're saying this is my fault huh?! My fault for working so damn hard for this family!? I am sooooo sorry that I have to work my ass off because your dumbass can't seem to remember to take his meds for his fucked up brain."

"Are you serious Joanna? I can't--"

            The girl closes the door once hearing enough of their arguing and tries to ignore all the yelling. Looking down at her new stuffed companion she smiles and lifts him to her face as the shouting grew louder behind the walls now. While the tears soon well up in her eyes. Unmatching the happy smile on her lips.

"I think I'll call you Alfred."

"...."

She giggles.

"But Imma nickname you Alfie instead."

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××

A/n: obviously the little girl was you duh