Chapter 5

Alex doesn't say anything, but just gets up and walks away. He comes back after awhile and i decide that i can trust them. "I have something to tell you all." I announce, sitting up from my position on the ground. They look at me confused before I begin "I have powers, i was 13 when i got them.They are the kind that are special, I am what you call a witch please don't freak out and i ran away because i couldn't be myself around my family so i left." I say in a rush.

I look at all of them and see that they all have shocked and white as a ghost faces except Alex. Ally is the first one to recover from her shock. "What kind of powers do you have?" She asks, hesitatly.

"I don't really know much about them, but they are like destroying powers, anything near me gets destroyed when i'm not in full control." I explain as best as i could to her. "Well, when are you not in control? So, if we are near you we can run or hide." Jake asks, finally breaking out of his shock. "During full moons is when i lose complete control over them." I respond.

Alex doesn't ask anything as if he doesn't have any questions, which i am grateful for. "How do you know when you are about to lose control?" Ally asks again. I am getting annoyed with all these questions, but answer her anyway. "I get this tingling in my hands and eventually I lose control and they just take over." They are about to ask another question, when Alex speaks. "Guys, leave her alone thats enough questions." He says, helping me out of another question.

"Thanks, I don't like to talk about my powers a lot because they scare me. Are you going to continue to stay with me?" I ask hopefully. Alex immendently nods his head. Ally has a look on her face, thinking. Jake and Ally turn towards each other and have a silent conversation between them. "Yes" Ally speaks, for both of them. Jake nods his head in argreement. I try to stand to go to my sleeping bag, but i fall because of my ankle. Instead I crawl inside my sleeping bag, which hugs me as if it was a person to keep me warm. I fall asleep instantly.

I wake up in the dead of the night, when everyone is already asleep. I get up, limping on my ankle and go to a rock that is under the beautiful moonlight. I look up at the sky and look at the stars, someone walks up beside me, making me jump. "Sorry didn't mean to scare you." Alex apologizes, sitting next to me on the rock. "Dang, you walk as if you are as sneaky as a ninja to scare me and it's fine, what are you doing up?" I ask, not looking away from the stars "Couldn't sleep you?" He answers, looking up at the stars "Same." I reply.

I think I fell back asleep because the next time I open my eyes, I see sunlight. My head is on something hard, so I sit up and rub my head. I fell asleep on the rock with Alex and me watching the stars, I look behind me and everyone is up and discussing something. I limp over to them and stand over to the side. "We need to head over the mountains to find a city today because we need more supplies and food. Also, to find a way out of the mountains." I announce to them, packing up the bags we walk towards the mountains. We walk until night fall then have to stop; I set up a fire and put the sleeping bags on the ground. We all climb in them and fall asleep.

I wake up to howling and jump up. I jumped? I look at my ankle and walk around a little. I take the wrap off and see that my ankle has healed completely. That's strange but the howling is close. Too close. I walk towards it to see what it is. I see a pack of wolves walking my way. I freeze, not knowing what to do. I am still frozen when they get to me, they start growling and one attacks me, making me unfreeze. I scream because it bites my arm, but not enough to break anything. I push my dark, destroying powers forward and blast the wolf off me, Alex runs up to me and pulls me to my feet. "You ok?" He asks, concerned. I nod and turn around to the other wolves, they all jump at us nut before they can reach us I blast them into the trees. "Don't tell Ally or Jake about this agreed?" I say, turning to him. He nods and we walk back to the so called camp. "Do you ever miss home?" I ask, curiously we sit near the fire. "From time to time do you?" He replies back. "No, my dad was almost never home he was always at work or hanging out with his friends but, my mom stayed home with me when she didn't have work she's probably the only one that misses me." I reply without thinking, I change the topic "Want to play 21 questions?" "Sure you first." Alex says. I think of a question to ask "Okay what's your favorite color?" I start "Easy Red my turn um what's your favorite color?" He asks me "Blue okay what's your fav-"I end up falling asleep before I finish.

I'm running but, I don't know from what. I try to stop before I fall into the hole in front of me but, I can't and end up falling. In a distance I hear "Your next then your friends" I see nothing but darkness but I can still hear. I wait for the impact of the ground. "Lena wake up! Wake up!"

I shoot up, hitting my head on someone else's they groan in pain, I open my eyes to see Jake holding his head. "Oops! Sorry Jake I didn't mean to." I apologize, standing up. I grab something to eat and tell everyone to pack up and get moving. We all start walking towards the mountains again. A little while later we all hear shouts and turns around to see police men running at us, with guns in their hands.

We all start running as fast as we can to the mountains, when we get to the mountains the police men are climbing right behind us. We reach a slope and I'm in the back so I'm the last one to start climbing again. Right when i reach the slope before I can pull up I feel a impact on my back and pain is all I can feel. it hurts so bad I scream and fall backwards losing my grip on the mountain. I hear my friends scream my name as I fall down the mountain but, I know I'm losing too much blood because I slip into darkness........