Chapter 10

Alex P.O.V
I wake up and look over at Lena. She's still sleeping. She looks so peaceful sleeping than she does awake. She moves and opens her eyes. "Good morning" she mumbles "Good morning" I reply back. I get up to get my bag that Ally brung. I dig threw it and find a pair of clothes for today. I walk into the add on bathroom and change.

When I come back out I see that Lena had also changed and is sitting on the bed. A knock on the door echoes throughout the room. Dr. Waters walks in with papers in his hand. "Hello, Lena and Alex I brought Lena's discharge papers." we both smile at the thought of getting out of here. She signs the papers and we gather our clothes. I grab her hand on the way out. Lena sighs a breath of relief when we step outside.

Ally comes running up to us with Jake not to far behind. She hugs us "Finally you got released!" she exclaims. "Yeah, so let's go to the hotel you have been staying at and get one more room for us." Lena says. We all nod and start walking to the hotel. We go up to the front desk and the lady asks us what we need. "A room please" Lena asks, politely. The lady hands us a key and we walk to our room. Ally and Jake goes back to their room. We figured it would cost less if we shared, it was Lena's idea for us to share. Which I didn't mind.

She unlocks the door and we walk in. The room is small, it has one bed, bathroom, stove, and a fridge. Lena throws herself on the bed, closing her eyes. "Ugh I can actually sleep on a soft bed, that hospital bed was hard. " I laugh and read the paper that was on the fridge. A carnival. "Hey, want to see if Ally and Jake want to go to the carnival?" she looks up at me and comes over to me, taking the paper. "Sounds fun let's go ask them. " we walk over to their room which is only four doors down. I knock, you can hear movement and the door opens, revealing Ally. "Oh hey guys what do you need?" she asks. "We wanted to know if you two wanted to go to the carnival with us. " Lena tells her. She nods and yells for Jake to come on. He appears behind her and together we all walk to the carnival.

Lena P.O.V
We arrive at the carnival and get some tickets. I hold hands with Alex, feeling excited to be here with all my friends. I see a ferris wheel and ask Alex to ride with me. He agrees and we wait in line. Ally and Jake go somewhere else. When it's our turn, we sit in the car and start going up. We get to the top and it's beautiful. The sun is setting so it makes it perfect. You can see the whole city. I turn around toward Alex and he looks at me. I lean up and kiss him. He kisses back and we stay like this for awhile. Until I pull away, having to get air. He smiles at me and I smile back. "Lena, will you be my girlfriend?" he asks. I nod and he kisses me again.

We start going back down and get out of the car. We walk around, holding hands and talking. It was going well until we hear this "Freeze! It's the police! Stay where you are!" we turn around and see about three or four officers running towards us. I look back at Alex, scared. "Run!" he yells. We start running side by side. Guns start shooting and bullets fly past us. We duck behind a building, catching our breath. Tears start rolling down my face because I'm terrified of what's going to happen. We could go back home or one of us could get hurt. Alex sees my tears and pulls me to him. I hug him and stay like this for a little. He breaks the hug and holds my face in his hands. He leans down and kisses me. We hear the officers again and break apart.

We run again with the officers not fair behind us. I get an idea and pull Alex into the woods that was next to us. My idea failed when I see that the officers followed. We are still running until I hear a gun shot. It slows everything down for me. Alex falls to the ground, holding his shoulder. I fall beside him and put his head in my lap. "Lena, go without me I'll be ok." I shake my head and stay put. "I'm not leaving you!" I press my hand over his on his shoulder. I take my other hand and hold his other hand. The officers are on us now and are trying to pull me again for Alex. I fight and even try to use my powers, but I can't focus so they are no use. I'm crying as they rip me away from Alex. Alex is unconscious and I can't get back to him, thanks to these officers. I hear two more sets of footprints and look up to see Jake and Ally. They get grabbed too. "Alex! Alex!" I keep screaming his name and sobbing.

They lead each of us to the cars and force us in them. I see them load Alex into a ambulance through my tears. Ally is fighting to get to Jake and he's fighting to get to her. Maybe he asked her out at the carnival. Ally is the first to get forced into a car, then Jake. We are all in different cars. I just pull my knees up and my arms hold them up. I sob into my knees and don't look up until I hear another door open. A officer sits in the car and we pull out of the carnival. I look out the window and I know where they are taking us. Home.