Chapter 2: So much for being simple

Chapter 2 

[ Pic at the side is Tom Felton A.K.A. Malfoy, and in this story, Drew. Tom will always be Malfoy in my eyes but I found this pic and I was like 'that can't be him!' but yeah. He's got the classy, rich boy look]

It’s a line up and they all don’t know why. The least violent of the juveniles are summoned for a cause. All are checked, one by one, and are to be interviewed but they all do not know why...

“Good morning!” chirps the woman, smiling warmly at Radar.

“Good morning.” Replies Radar, giving her a blank expression.

She clears her throat. “You must be Radar Kales. Am I right?” he nods quietly looking beyond her plastic smile. “Well, I just want to ask a few questions and then we’re done.” She promises. He nods again quietly listening to her intently. Again she clears her throat. “Let’s begin with some basic questions. Is your real name Radar Kales?” a tint of disbelief in her tone. The boy shakes his head. “What is your real name then?”

Radar shrugs. “I don’t know but I know my last name is a sure ball.”

She nods as if she’s interested. “Oh okay. Well, where’s your family?”

“I don’t have any.” Replies Radar.

She blinks at his reply. “You must have a family.”

“I don’t need one.” He hisses narrowing his eyes at her now.

Persistent, she asks. “Where are you parents? Its impossible to not have parents.” Her expression showing a tad bit of obnoxiousness.

His eyes narrow at her sending imaginary daggers. “They’re dead.”

The lady shifts uncomfortably on her seat. “Any siblings?”

With a pained expression masked behind his empty eyes, Radar pounds the table with his fists. “Do you not get it? I have no family! They burned down with the house my parents built because of some stupid hobo who got pissed off at my drunk dad!” her eyes widen as she leans back on the chair. “Is that what you want, huh? The sob story of Radar Kales and his family? Well its not that big of a deal because I was only five so I never really remembered them. Its not like it affects me!”

 Behind the glass, the billionaire pushes up his glasses and points to the juvenile. “That one.” And with that one command Radar is dismissed.

Audrey’s P.O.V.

Winston parks the car in the parking lot like how every other normal kid does except today I decided to go extra simple. By simple I mean that Winston isn’t wearing a suit like he’s supposed to, I’m wearing extremely simple, casual clothes, and today we aren’t on the limo but in the truck with me riding shotgun. Of course, this is my idea.

Winston sigh nervously looking at me. “Ms. Dane, I think—“

“Winston,” this time I sighed, “For the billionth time, what we’re doing isn’t wrong.” My tone was confident, too confident for my liking even but I have to convince the guy in case he might turn out to be a tattletale.

He looks around nervously pulling the ends of his casual white t-shirt. “It’s not wrong but your father will not like this.” His eyes look around everywhere for probably any sign of my father or cameras.