CH 04 │Melted Heart

That day was no ordinary day for me. It was the day when I finally found him! The person who accepted me for the way I am.

But back then, I didn't know the high price I had to pay for that...”

Part 1

The day, as usual, the two friends were talking cheerfully as if nothing bad and dangerous really happened yesterday afternoon.

Of course, it was truly an unfortunate accident... well, it could've been more unfortunate if the boy, Kyoko's savior, didn't come, but he came and stole the girl's heart immediately.

But the two girls were chatting to no end while one of them was walking the white dog with a leech that time who proved itself to be a true hero with guiding the boy to the drowning Kyoko before jumping into the river to retrieve her.

"I... really feel frustrated to not be able to thank him..." Kyoko said as she held her chest. "Nor ask his name..."

"It's fine, Kyoko. At least you're safe. And no matter where he is, he has my gratitude. You're one of the most important people I have in my life!" Emiko said.

"Fufu..." Kyoko's chuckle gave her slight shock, and her unusual mischievous smile and faint blush on her cheeks.

"Wait a minute..." All of a sudden, Emiko leaned her face closer to Kyoko, a suspicious look covering her face. "Is it that Kyoko fell in love with Mr. Unknown Savior?!"

Suddenly, Kyoko's face started to heat up and pinkish in color due to the brown-haired's theory.

Hm, it seems like Emiko was in triumph that day.

"W-What?! N-no, not really!" The purple-haired denied her friend's speculation. The obvious blush she had on her face raised Emiko's suspicions.

"Are you suuuuure?" Knowing she had figured out the soft side of Kyoko, Emiko teased the other.

"Y-Yes, I am!"

"Haha, have it your way." Emiko chuckled lightly. "But you have to thank Maxi though. The officers said there were teeth marks on your clothes. So it only means that she was the one who dragged you out of the river."

"Yeah, she was a true hero." Kyoko agreed.

"Woof, woof!"

We both laughed to ourselves, and our chat proceeded normally.

We talked about how her father sent multiple troops to search for her and saw her in the grass laying down.

She was hospitalized for the entire night, then she got discharged the next day.

Our friendship remained strong until another unordinary day came once again...

3 Years Later

A girl in her teens with a purple hair was sitting on a bench alone who sure had grown much more mature, considering the way her legs were crossed and the neutral expression on her face.

She was reading a book that was held in her right hand, and by the looks of it, it was another one of Sherlock Holmes' novels; Arsene Lupin.

A boy of the same age walked in her direction with a friendly smile who had shaggy brown hair matching with his eyes, wearing a white long-sleeved polo partnered with a blue necktie.

"Mind if I sit next to you?"

The purple-haired turned her head to the direction of the voice and met the smiling face of the brown-haired gentleman.