Prologue: Alone

"Y/N! Jump!"

"I-I can't."

"You have to. We can't do anything against them."

"But Dad..."

Before I could object I saw a zombie grabbing dad's neck and bite into it to which me and my mom cried out in fear.

"Y/N! Get out of here! Now!"

"But Mom!"

"Just go! I'll be right behind you!"

I nodded and jumped out of the window as fast as I could and then I heard my mother scream out in pain and tears started falling from my face.

"MUUUUUM!"

I broke down on the ground, crying before I heard footsteps coming near me. I looked to my side and saw him.

I looked into the dark red eyes behind his red ninja mask and it looked like he was showing pity but all I felt was anger and he quietly left before I screamed my lungs out...

-----

"NO!"

I woke up with goosebumps all over my face. I keep having those nightmares after I escaped the attack. Mum...Dad...I'm sorry...

I stood up and looked out of the window, seeing the broken state of the town I'm currently in. Why am I still here? Shouldn't I get out of here?

The problem is that I have nowhere left to go to and even if I did, escaping won't be that easy. With all those zombies out there I can't even risk leaving my house...

I'm all alone...

-----

Having dressed myself, I wandered through my home. Checking the supplies I found by scavenging abandoned places around the town and I was almost all out.

This is ridiculous. How am I supposed to take care of myself out here?

Well, might as well go and look for more...

So I took my pistol that I found by a corpse, devastated by the zombies and left my house.

I couldn't get that person out of my head...He looked like them...but didn't try to attack me

Whatever, he is a zombie. Just like them and they killed my parents.

I wandered through the streets of the destroyed town. When the apocalypse began, they pretty much wrecked this whole city...Everyone is dead and I'm the only one alive...

I learned to be on my own for the past years. Gaining enough courage to face my fears and staying determined.

Whoever that person is... I'll make sure to make him pay for what happened to me.

I'm all alone, my family is dead. My friends are dead. There is only me...

I arrived at an abandoned supermarket and entered it, searching  around for something useful.

Then I saw a shadow passing by...

I was confused but I shrugged it off, continuing my search before I heard a sound of some metal can dropping on the ground.

Now I was curious...

"Hello?"

I walked towards the direction of the sound and peeked around the corner. But I saw nothing...

Weird...I could swear that I heard something...

I went back to my search and found some useful food cans that were luckily not expired. I took them into my backpack and continued on.

That's how my life currently is...Being unable to buy stuff for my survival I have to search for it. Just like in every survival game...

I hate this whole situation. Always having to defend myself from these zombies and now I'm robbing an abandoned store. What a great day I'm having...

While packing everything up what I found I decided to check my equipment...

First the pistol which I got from that one corpse... Then a survival knife... The food cans and a water bottle. That's it...

Living large...yeah right...

With everything packed up I left the abandoned supermarket and got on my way home until I heard moaning from my side and then when I turned around there were zombies coming my way...

I ran the other way but then more zombies appeared and I looked around frantically, seeing the horde close in on me and I pulled out my pistol, shooting at the zombies to clear me a path.

I continued shooting until there was nothing coming out of the pistol an more. No more bullets...

"Shit!"

The zombies closed in and I fell back, trying to back away before one zombie grabbed me by my collar and dragged me backwards.

Is this really the end?

Then I heard a shotgun in the distance. The zombie who had a grip on me earlier dropped me and turned towards the sound and I sat up, seeing the horde rush towards that direction and I took the chance to run.

I ran into a nearby alley and hid in a corner, hoping that I wouldn't get ambushed and the sound of the zombies slowly became distant.

I slowly went towards the other end of the alley and I gasped, when I saw someone in the distance...

*FLASHBACK*

I looked into the dark red eyes behind his red ninja mask and it looked like he was showing pity but all I felt was anger and he quietly left before I screamed my lungs out...

*PRESENT*

It's him... It's that damn zombie dude. I immediately pulled my gun out and aimed it at him.

"Stand back! Don't come fucking near me!"

I began to shiver a bit. I realized that my gun was still empty and he slowly approached me while holding his hands up, showing that he's unarmed.

"Don't move!"

He got closer and I wanted to shoot but I couldn't...I didn't want him to know...

Then he grabbed my arm and twisted it downwards, disarming me and I pulled away, looking at him with anger and fear at the same time.

He checked the magazine and there was nothing inside and he dropped the magazine, holstering my gun and then turning to me.

"Get back! Stop!"

He came closer and then I gasped when he grabbed me by my waist and slung me over his shoulder. I tried to wiggle free but his grip was too strong.

"Let me go, you bastard!"

I continued wiggling and punched his back before I realized that my attempts were futile. Now he has me under his control and can do anything he wants to me.

"Where are you taking me? Let me go..."

I soon felt my head go dizzy and I closed my eyes, losing consciousness due to my exhaustion.

What does he want from me? Does he want to hurt me...or kill me?