Chapter 3 - The Massacre

Start from the beginning

Suddenly, the struggling stops and there is a thud on the floor and I feel my lip start to quiver as I realise how close I am to my fate. It's sealed now. This is how I am going to go.

Keeping my focus on the lock, I also put my training to the test and block my mind barriers in case he tries to see me. And just in time as well.

"I can't feel her anywhere," Ben states robotically. "She's gone,"

There is a pause in any movement but not in my power. That is until all of the footsteps retreat back over to where there is undoubtedly a huge destruction and death. I count the pairs of feet. 4. There were four people there, all on the dark side and ready to kill me. Counting the one that my brother killed mercilessly, five.

Another hour goes by and I can feel myself starting to get weary but as I feel myself starting to get dizzy and start slipping away, I am quickly brought back to my current duty by the loud sound of a ship leaving the island.

Keeping my mind barriers blocked, I stand and look out of the window - seeing the large scale command shuttle leaving the planet and entering into hyperspace. I let down my guard and immediately feel faint. Before everything goes black, I take a last look at the burning temple and the bright orange skyline from the rest of the island.

And then it's gone.

*****

Jolting awake, I hear a ship land. My breath quickens and I quickly put up my barriers in the thought of it being Ben returning to finish what he started with me.

Shaking, I focus on my barrier and stuff myself into the corner of the freezing hut. Even if I'm a whole mile away from the main camp, the next thing I heard was undeniably one of the worst sounds I have ever had to hear in my life.

A scream. A cry of anguish and suffering. A scream coming from no one other than my mother. A scream that would normally make me and to curl up in a ball and cry but now makes me feel a wave of relief. They're here and I can escape.

Even though I feel the relief of their arrival is there, I feel more tears come to my eyes and they fall; not stopping anytime soon.

More loud cries can be heard from over the hills and I exit the hut, letting down my barriers. As I start to run I can hear the crying stop and a loud "Y/N?" coming from my dad.

I don't stop running. My lungs are burning but I won't stop until I can see the tip of the ship, proving that the crying of my mother, Princess Leia, and the desperate shouts of my father, Han Solo, aren't a figment of my imagination.

I reach the top of the hill, truly seeing the destruction my brother has caused for the first time. I shake my head and look down into the bottom of the hill where my mom is sat still with puffy, red, tear stained eyes as she is held closely by my dad, whom looks as though he's trying to stay strong for mom but is about to break apart at any second.

"Mom?" I whisper to myself but she obviously either heard or felt me there because she quickly turns to where I'm stood on the top of the hill. "Dad?" I shout a little louder.

He snaps his head to me and they scramble up from the floor and immediately start to sprint up the steep hill. I return the action by almost falling down the hill with the speed I am going at.

The three of us meet in the middle and stay at a stand still for a moment. With heavy breaths, I burst into more tears and they engulf me into the first embrace we have shared in three years. We collapse onto the burnt grass floor and hold onto each other like we would never let go.

"I thought w-we lost you, baby," Mom sobs into my hair as she kisses me desperately. "I tried to see you but I-I couldn't, Y/N. I couldn't see you,"

"I had my barriers up. I was scared that it was Ben coming back to find me,"

"Did he hurt you? I'll kill him," Dad pulls away and looks me over as he holds onto my face, protectively stroking my cheek.

"He didn't I'm fine," I pause with a teary smile. "He wanted to though. Ben wanted to hurt me,"

"We won't let him, you're safe now my love," Mom holds me tighter and closer, almost on her lap.

We bask in each other's love for a little while but a thought comes to my head which terrifies me. "Mom, where's uncle Luke?"

"He got away. We don't know where to but he did and he's safe as well," She replies softly as dad kisses my head. "Come, let's get out of this place,"

I nod and we all stand up, my parents either side of me. The hold my hands so I don't have to look at the destruction around me. Keeping my eyes on the floor, I can already smell the burnt flesh and wood from the carnage.

However, in a split second decision I decide to face my fears head first and look up to the damage that has been done. There's one thing I see before anything else.

Kaiya.

I stop, my breathing getting heavy once again as she stares in my direction with cold eyes. A singular tear rolls down my face before

Everything

Goes

Black.