Chapter 1 - The Calm

Chapter 1

"Mom, you aren't really sending us away are you?" my older brother shouts loudly, losing a temper I never knew he had.

"You both know it's for the best and-" our dear mother gets cut off by myself, whom had been silent for far too long.

"Mom!" I exclaim, catching her attention quickly considering that I was the quiet one out of her children. "This isn't what we want. You and dad want us to control whatever power we may have and I understand that but you don't have to send us away!"

"Y/N, don't shout at your mother like that," My dad scolds me as he enters our lounge room after hearing all the commotion.

"Here he is," my brother rolls his eyes at my father.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" he snaps back, getting closer to him.

"Well you know, you leave for months at a time even when we were kids and now - when you have decided out of nowhere to send us away - you reappear?"

"Hey, boy, I do have a job and this was not an easy decision! Your powers are getting stronger everyday and even I can feel it and I don't even have them! We just want you to be able to control them before you don't know how to anymore and it becomes dangerous," his voice goes quiet. I can tell that my brother's comment about his lack of time with us has upset him and that can be told without using the force.

I can't deny that they have a point - everyone knows what happened when my grandfather couldn't control the darkness in him. "Yeah, I'm sorry I shouted mom. You're both right," i say as I step towards them allowing my parents to come to me and stare hopefully at my brother.

"Are you kidding!" he shouts at me, making me flinch.

"Ben!" my parents both yell at him for his actions.

"No, this is ridiculous! I can't believe you're on their side, Y/N,"

"I'm not on anyone's side. I just know that this is the best thing for us and I didn't see that at first but now I have thought about it and it is," I tell him, reaching a hand out to his shoulder. He slaps it away harshly and storms off upstairs to his room to undoubtedly sulk in his own despair.

I rub my hand as it starts to turn a deep red colour. "Are you ok? Leia, go talk to him, he'll only get angry with me," my dad says as he turns his focus to me with a sigh. My mom nods and heads up the stairs of our large home to try and talk some sense into Ben.

"Dad?" I grab his attention to my face. "I'm scared,"

"Me too, sweetie. Me too," he pulls me close to his chest, almost as if he's too petrified i'll start to float away like Ben has been.

I jump a little as I hear the shouts coming from upstairs and snuggle further into my dad for comfort. He is truly my best friend.

Mom comes back into the lounge where we haven't moved since she left and shakes her head sadly. "Y/N, can you give me and your dad a minute alone? We need to talk,"

I nod and exit the room but I only hide around the corner, blocking my mind barriers whilst I do so incase my mother tries to feel me nearby. I hear them sit on the white couch and sigh together.

"He knows that he doesn't have a choice but he definitely isn't happy about it," mom says to my dad, gaining a hum in response. "Obi-Wan told me that this was what happened with my father and now I'm terrified, Han! What if we lose our boy?"

"Then we deal with the consequences then but Luke will prove to him that this is a good idea and he will thank us for it in the future when he becomes a great Jedi master,"

"But he hurt her! He has never raised his voice at her, never mind harmed her in any way!"

"And I can tell you now that he will be beating himself up for it this minute and he will come down later and apologise profusely. He's a good kid, Leia, I know that much. He loves his sister,"

It's silent for a little while but I hear them kiss and I gag silently. As much as I hope for a relationship like my parent's in the future - this is definitely my cue to leave. I run up to my room as silently as I can and open my notebook on my desk to start writing a diary entry which is something I never do but I just have a feeling that this is the right thing to do.

Dear Diary, in all honesty I have no idea what I am doing. Today was the first time Ben has ever actually hurt me - even if it was only a little. He scared me. Mom and Dad are the smartest people I know and I know they're right by choosing to send us to Luke for training. I don't know why Ben can't see that. He's four years older than I am and sometimes you would think he is still a toddler with the tantrums he has rather than a whole ass sixteen year old. Anyways, I doubt I'll ever actually open this notebook again to write another one of these but I just needed to take my mind off of everything for a little bit; even if that is only two minutes. Bye, i guess?

Y/N Solo-Organa.

-----

So, this is the first chapter of my new x reader and I'm really excited for this one! This is only a short chapter but I tend to get carried away with plots quiet easily so expect much longer ones than this ;) This story has just been bubbling in my mind for months and then after seeing the Rise of the Skywalker, I couldn't take it anymore and I had to word vomit - birthing the first story I have been genuinely serious about. Also, I am well aware that the title of this is very confusing at the moment but all will be revealed soon! any who, hope you're excited for this book - I know I am! All my love, always,

S.